Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

:( why isnt my hair locking?

Stonee
@stonee
14 years ago
8 posts
Ok so I stopped combing my hair and everything about 2 weeks ago. I didn't have any non residue shampoo so I just used what I had all ready which was head and shoulders. Well now I'm using this stuff called aqua blue sulfer 8. From what I can tell it doesn't really leave to much residue in my hair. And it says its great for braids so I assume its not meant to detangle hair...so why isn't my hair even showing signs of locking? I scratch some, and I have african hair so I thought this would go by wayyyy faster than it is.
updated by @stonee: 02/14/15 07:40:21AM
GoldenEagle
@goldeneagle
14 years ago
393 posts
Seriously, dreadlocks don't form overnight. Your hair will form sections first and then the sections will begin to look like dreadlocks.

You are two weeks into allowing your hair to form dreadlocks. Be patient with yourself.
sourabh thakur
@sourabh-thakur
14 years ago
83 posts
y dont u try the BS/ACV washu shld find the recipe many places on this site
dreadlockedlady
@dreadlockedlady
14 years ago
39 posts
You got to give it more time :)You may see signs next week or in a couple of months.Since you are going all natural (I assume), you could try rinsing your hair more often outside of your regular washes. It can help the "locking" process and can help your scalp a bit. It is worth a try unless you live where it is cold.No matter what though.... be patient.
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
2 weeks? dude hoew fast did u expect it?2 weeks it will just start to seperate by 2 months u will see some locking but those shampoos are also gonna slow u downwow 2 weeks is like nothing..u cant expect anything in 2 weeks usualy (some do dread that fast but months is more average)

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
NaturalWomyn
@naturalwomyn
14 years ago
849 posts
2 weeks is a really short amount of time to already be disappointed with the process. It takes a while. You have pretty short hair too right? That might slow you down a bit and like everybody said, I would switch shampoos. but no matter what you do it's only been 2 weeks and you should try really hard to let go of any preconceived expectations you have created for your locking journey. There is no exact time frame, the best thing you can do right now is relax, be patient and forget about your hair for a bit. Then be pleasantly surprised when you see some progress.
CJ O'Brien
@cj-obrien
14 years ago
5 posts
how long would it take to dread if it started to section off in two months

soaringeagle said:
2 weeks? dude hoew fast did u expect it?
2 weeks it will just start to seperate by 2 months u will see some locking but those shampoos are also gonna slow u down

wow 2 weeks is like nothing..u cant expect anything in 2 weeks usualy (some do dread that fast but months is more average)
Panterra Caraway
@panterra-caraway
14 years ago
667 posts
Hi! I am almost 5 mos. in and my hair is just beginning to show real progress...it is a looooooooong journey...hang in there! :D
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
nobody can say how long but at a guess with your hair type 2 months should get u fairly dready...should though is very relative the length and how u live life all make a didfference how u sleep eat play theres so many variables that nobodty can give an accurate guessjust wait n see how long it takes

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
CJ O'Brien
@cj-obrien
14 years ago
5 posts
respect
 / 2

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form