Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

New dreads in the forum...

Kyra Lou
@kyra-lou
14 years ago
17 posts
Hello all!I hope all is well wherever you're from... My name's Kyra and I have to sing praises to Soaring Eagle, this site, and everybody on this forum. I started my dreads just a few days ago and I'm glad I have learned not to take things at face value.I've wanted dreads for years but have been to chicken to do it. Here in the last few months the urge got irresistable so I started doing my research. Nobody in my neck of the woods (a conservative little college town in Missouri) has dreads nor knows anything about them so I resorted to searching the Internet and found the KB and DHHQ sites immediately. I already understood dreadlocks were somewhat a natural phenomenon that can happen without special waxes. I'm glad I took thier sites with a grain of salt...I decided to try and backcomb a section of hair to see just how much maintenance this "high maintenance" hairstyle required. That was two weeks ago... and I've put ZERO effort into maintaining that lock but EGADS... it's still here! So I kept searching the 'net for "natural" dreadlock maintenance and kept pulling up websites touting beeswax or similar waxes for your dreading mane. I finally said to myself, "Well, I'll go ahead and have a pro do my dreads and I guess I'll go find some beeswax to throw in my hair afterward... Then, a day or two into my backcombing adventure... I stumbled upon this website. Ironically, I found it after Google'ing "dreadlock salons in ks," and saw Soaring Eagles response to a girl wondering the same question as me!Thank you Thank you Thank you! I look forward to sharing my dreadlocking journey with everyone and, hopefully, helping other future-dreaded friends find this site!
updated by @kyra-lou: 01/13/15 08:49:01PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,639 posts
haha thats awesome so glad we saved you :)glad u dont got sticky icky dreads :)

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form