Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

UNblunt ends!!!!!!!

Hazzim
@hazzim
14 years ago
18 posts
hello guys!!!!!! well i commited the serious mistake to go on with the crochet method :( ....my dreadies are recovering already.... but i kind of don`t like my blunt ends any more...... i just wanted to know if any of you guys knows some tip to unblunt the ends.....?.....should i just cut the blunt end and wait for it to loosen up??
updated by @hazzim: 01/13/15 08:48:48PM
Mikey Mikez
@mikey-mikez
14 years ago
90 posts
just comb out a little bit of hair from the end...
Brandon Arnold
@brandon-arnold
14 years ago
184 posts
All dreads go through a loosening phase, so I'd just wait it out.they'll get loose and un-blunt themselves.but some dreads naturally have blunt ends, so it all depends on the end result, and you can't really "change" it. but they'll probably look like more natural blunt ends instead of crocheted ones.
NaturalWomyn
@naturalwomyn
14 years ago
849 posts
they probably wont unblunt themselves naturally, a member here Amy unblunted her tips after she crocheted them and had pretty good results, even though she ultimately re-blunted them later lol! I think she just un did the crochet. It took a lot of time and patience though. I guess it all depends on how tightly they were blunted. Just try unweaving them maybe? Good luck!
Steph
@steph
14 years ago
16 posts
I got crocheted with blunt ends then thought i'd like to go wispy, what I did was knot some fake hair in to the ends using a crochet hook, palm rolled it, done.I'm happy with my crochet dreads, to me they are showing my creativity via my hair, so I'd like to not have any abuse for that ta.
NaturalWomyn
@naturalwomyn
14 years ago
849 posts
if you're happy with them that's all that really matters!
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,639 posts
use some oil to make it easier to comb the tips out

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Steph
@steph
14 years ago
16 posts
cheers :)
Hazzim
@hazzim
14 years ago
18 posts
Thanx a lot to all of you guys !!!!!!!! I will try every single advice ...... i`m just looking forward to achieve natural dreads ..... and this may be an upgrade..... :D
Dave2
@dave2
14 years ago
71 posts
ok i spent yesterday un-picking my blunt ends using jojoba oil and a crochet hook(they were soooo tight there was no other way) and it was the best thing for them.1- on some of them(5 or 6 outa 30) i noticed a dust come out so obviously soap(hand made vegan) was being trapped.2- my locs dripped after showering they dont normally so heaps better drainage.3- i gained about 1 inch length per loc(yay!!)4-i swear the locs (at least an inch above the now wispy ends) are softer as they were awfully tight in some areas5-and the general look of my locs is ....softer???.a lot of broken hair came out but all in all a great success, so i'd suggest un-blunt Hazzim don't cut.
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form