Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

at the very beginning

Fay Brotherhood
@fay-brotherhood
14 years ago
59 posts
Couple of questions..... so its been 4 or 5 days of no hairbrush now, and they are starting to seperate at the bottom, and Im getting some matting at the back.....I look a bit like a magpies nest but never mind :PNow with that matting at the back, should i be leaving it a while to progress before trying to seperate parts, or should i be doing it now?Also, I have been washing and leaving it to dry naturally. Should I blow dry? Will that help or hinder the process at this very early stage?
updated by @fay-brotherhood: 01/13/15 08:48:44PM
NaturalWomyn
@naturalwomyn
14 years ago
849 posts
I wouldn't blow dry yet, it may untangle any baby knots you have forming.Separate as soon as you want to just don't wait too long or it will become difficult. Try reading around the site and using the search, there's loads of great info on all your questions.
Mandy2
@mandy2
14 years ago
55 posts
I didn't start separating until they formed up a bit more than what you are at now. As long as they are not forming together at the root you should be fine. If you are really worried, go ahead and separate them it shouldn't hurt, just don't overdo it.Also, until they start to become more solid, there is really no need to blow dry. That very well might blow apart any babies that have formed and hinder the process at this stage. As long as your dreads are drying at a good rate, basically as long as they don't take more than a few hours to dry, then you should be fine without blow drying.
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
if the matting is making like 1 big dread then yea seperate iti wouldnt blow dry

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form