Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

a few questions about aloe vera

Kathleen1
@kathleen1
14 years ago
28 posts
i just purchased an aloe vera leaf and there are something that i want to know b4 really putting it to use.- once you cut open the plant, do you have to put the gel in the fridge or can it stay out?- how do yall prepare ur aloe vera gel. (like in spritzes or creams that you put in your hair)-do you have to do something to the pure aloe vera gel b4 using it? (like blending it or something like that)-any other things i should know b4 i use it?thanx in advance
updated by @kathleen1: 01/13/15 08:48:43PM
Gen Foster
@gen-foster
14 years ago
5 posts
I've been told by a lot of people with dreads to just slap it on, however i mixed it with salt and simmered it a little bit and strained it to get a lot of the blobs out. I put it in after washing and blow-dried my hair; awesome tightener.

I do my dreads alone, so i didn't want to spend time picking out aloe-guts. I wasn't too keen on the smell, but i made an herbal-essence spray that worked awesome to cover it up and sooth the scalp after i lock mine (rotate and lock method). Alternate to using Aloe that way, I've also been using the green-goo you put on sunburns with minimal ingredients and no bad stuff for dreadies in it when i'm lazy; i was able to find it at the store for about 3 bucks. I think organic is the way to go, though.
NaturalWomyn
@naturalwomyn
14 years ago
849 posts
most people i know that use it for conditioning and frizz control in their locks scrape out the insides of the plant and blend it in the blender. Then it must be refrigerated or it will spoil and start to smell, same thing happens if left on too long w/o washing out I believe.
mea
@mea
14 years ago
23 posts
i've got a live plant. i dont mess around with it too much: i'll just cut some off and apply the jelly to my damp locks, then i leave it on for a while like 10 mins but it doesnt matter if u leave it on longer.. and then rinse it a bit with water, though u dont want to rinse out the whole lot.
Billy stafford
@billy-stafford
14 years ago
11 posts
Me a little late with response.( Me was on Holiday. ) Me, i use 100% aloe in a bottle me get from store. it is about 4 Euro. about 3 dollars in states (i think), do not shop there much. anyway, i put in rosemary for scalp and lavender for smell and sea salt for tight lochs and then put in on when me feel like it. mainly between wash. but you need to see what works best for you and your lochs. do every thing every one says and see what happens. i hate the plant. to much work for me..lol...good luck. remember if you use plant. needs to be refriged if any left over. or put the plant in freezer it will last longer. thaw before using..sorry me Englisch bad.
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form