Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

feeling a bit discouraged :(

Heather
@heather
14 years ago
1,291 posts
so i know its only been a little over a month since i started my natural journey but i really thought that i'd see something happening by now. i have a little bit of separation but no knotting. i could probably run my hands through my hair if i wanted.i wash my hair every 3 or 4 days and do salt water sprays about twice a week. i don't touch my hair except to wash it. i'm not sure what else to do. my hair is fine and super soft and i really hope that it will cooperate and knot. i know this method takes time and i'm okay with that but i really dont want to wait a year like some have just to find a knot or two just starting to develop.any suggestions from other natural dreadies as to what more i could do?thanks in advance:)
updated by @heather: 02/15/15 03:16:06AM
MiDread
@midread
14 years ago
187 posts
Don't get discouraged Heather. I have been at it for around 8 - 9 months now and I still have a LOT of undreaded hair. As course as my hair is, you would think it would knot up in a couple of days! Keep at it!!!
Heather
@heather
14 years ago
1,291 posts
i am. i'm just feeling down. my daughter came over yesterday and saw my hair and said " i thought you were going to dread your hair?". obviously it looks like regular hair to everyone else and not just me.
MiDread
@midread
14 years ago
187 posts
My dreads are all hidden in my poufy regular hair LOL! Except for maybe the back where it is really starting to tighten up. Other than that, my hair is curly and my dreads are kind of curly, so they all just blend in together. I still look like I just have really messy hair unless I draw attention to some by adding beads. Don't feel bad.
Jake2
@jake2
14 years ago
8 posts
I'm at 18 weeks today and only over the last few weeks have I seen much action, I only have a few dreads beginning to form. Just take comfort in the knowledge that it will happen.
Edouard
@edouard
14 years ago
21 posts
I know that feeling ^^...

I've done a bit of TnR to help mine started but I am in my fourth month and I just start seing them tightening...
I thought it would be a lot quicker. To keep my motivation up, I watch a lot of pictures on the web and try to find some people who are at the same stage that me... And it feels great to see that you are not alone it that case. Some guys will have beautiful dreads and other will have less advanced that yours. Any dreadhead is unique and time shape them as well as your personality, going to difficulty with your hair make you stronger. Keep it up and never give up hehe. In a year time you gonna have beautiful dreadlocks, patience is the key of success.

Bless.
Heather
@heather
14 years ago
1,291 posts
thanks guys! i tried doing a couple t&r one night but the next morning they had undone. i really don't want to do anything to my hair but i don't have much confidence that its going to do it all on its own. i've tried to look up natural/neglect dreadlocks online for more images than just here but there really aren't any especially girls with natural dreads. lots of images of t&r or backcombed dreads though.oh well, i guess i'll see what happens in the next couple of months. hopefully lots of knotting:)
peacelovinmama
@peacelovinmama
14 years ago
30 posts
You just hang in there! You should really just be patient and be AMAZED! It will happen - just keep washing and seperating (see my posts for what happens when you do not seperate!!!) SMILE!
mea
@mea
14 years ago
23 posts
try putting your hair up in a bun, that helped me loads
Shane
@shane
14 years ago
12 posts
Im the same boat about little over a month going natural/neglect my hair is doing same thing. Stay strong, positive and have hope.
 / 2

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form