Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

hello! questions about new dreadlocks?

Sara Meadows
@sara-meadows
14 years ago
9 posts
so, i started my dreads oct 21 (it's oct 28 now), using the twist and rip. so far i've washed my hair with only water and 2 bs/acv washes. i noticed some of my dreads were unravelling so i decided to use a sea salt/lemon juice spray... and then they unravelled even more. (no more lemon juice for me, thanks se :) ) keep in mind i have fine hair that's slightly wavy, but its a medium amount of hair that is also very soft. some of them had becoming so unravelled they literally went back to being un-tnr-ed hair, almost like they were brushed >_< i decided to redo the twist and rip again on the ones that were unravelled the most, but then i saw on this website that you should just leave your hair alone.. now i'm afraid i MAY have messed up my hair.any suggestions/advice?
updated by @sara-meadows: 01/13/15 08:48:35PM
Pathargic
@patrick2
14 years ago
61 posts
You've answered your own question, hun. Just leave it alone, it'll come along. For future reference, though, do NOT re-twist and rip. That's not necessary and ends up doing more harm than good.
D!
@d
14 years ago
44 posts
You haven't messed it up at all. Just let it be and it'll start to lock. Wash your hair as often as you feel you need it( probably every 2 to 3 days) and separate your locks by ripping if needed. And don't worry your hair will turn out great.
Brandon Arnold
@brandon-arnold
14 years ago
184 posts
gaahhhh does it really?!I just get bored and start doing it. it's an awful habit!

Patrick said:
You've answered your own question, hun. Just leave it alone, it'll come along. For future reference, though, do NOT re-twist and rip. That's not necessary and ends up doing more harm than good.
Sara Meadows
@sara-meadows
14 years ago
9 posts
phew, that took a load off my shoulders :) i need to stop being so paranoid :\ hahathanks a bunch guys!
NaturalWomyn
@naturalwomyn
14 years ago
849 posts
try to hold off on the ACV. It's pretty conditioning and it's probably undoing some of your progress. If you really need it, once in a while, put some in a squirt bottle and keep it only concentrated on your scalp.
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form