Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

hi everyone

aren
@aren
14 years ago
3 posts
im new. thanks to this site, i decided to take the neglect route. i was 3 months with not touching my hair, and they were beginning to lock together. unfortunately i think i made a terrible mistake. i had no problem with how my natural dreads were looking. sure they were incredibly messy, but then a friend with very beautiful dreads said she could tidy it up for free. shes a loctitian and i trusted her, and who could say no to free upkeep from a professional? so i let her do her thing. she swore by the extensions route. she would put extensions to create separation so that they wouldnt matt together, which is what my roots were doing (her pulling them apart was incredibly painful). the results were something i am very disappointed in. they feel hard and fake due to gel and beeswax she put in my hair. i let her put it in cause, well, everyone has to have some sort of opinion on how to create locks. no one agrees that the other persons method is correct, its very confusing. anyways i wanted to know whether i ruined my hair or if it is reversible. because i would be heartbroken if i had to shave off my hair and start from scratch.
updated by @aren: 01/13/15 08:48:35PM
Mikey Mikez
@mikey-mikez
14 years ago
90 posts
no, you didnt ruin your hair.. you just made yourself a bit of a job for a future to take out all the shit she had put in your hair... and you have a good experience to never again let anyone like this touch your hair....so... do what u wanna do, if u dont like the job, undo it... there s info how to remove shit out of hair on this site... gd luck..
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
god damn i hate locticians u were screwed and for free is no bargain when your screwednow chop ofrf the stupods extentions and use the bodysplash to get the wax out and call her and biych her oit for ruining your dreads and tell her that wax is the worse thing u can do to dreadsand she doesnt desservgfe to call herself a loctician if shed dare use wax or give that kinda adviceruined well no screwed yes u can save them if u undo everything she did to uu might have to comb em out dewax and start overor at least dewqax but dewaxing can be extremely hard to dofrreee isnt good when u are ripped off even if freewho can say no to a free tidy up? everyone shouldprofessional locker is a lie its a scam its the last thing u ever want to do to your dreads..ever

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
NaturalWomyn
@naturalwomyn
14 years ago
849 posts
oh no! i'm sorry you went through this. Yes you should have said no to this lady but that's the past and I hope you can fix the damage she's done. Was it actual beeswax that she used or dread wax? They are two very different things. I fear you may have a bigger struggle ahead of you if she used actual beeswax. If she used dread wax it will still be a long removal process but not as bad as beeswax. Start doing some BS deep cleans and order yourself some bodysplash. A LOT of our members have gotten miraculous results with it. Send rawsum a message if u need more info on it and keep us updated I hope you can save your dreads. Many Blessings
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form