Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

I have reached my 10 month dread timeline, few are wrapped, I was wondering...

momma has dreads
@momma-has-dreads
14 years ago
159 posts
I have some that are wrapped as you can see in the photos below. I was wondering if anyone out there have also wrapped their dreads and taken the wrap off after many months and what they found there afterward. I did it over some larger loops and zip zags...I was wondering if I took the wrap off what would be under it...my goal was that with time, many months that the loops would be gone, that my dread would be round and all the loops worked into it over that time. I have yet to remove any of my wraps, they have been there now for about 5 months. peace

updated by @momma-has-dreads: 02/05/15 10:12:49AM
Heather
@heather
14 years ago
1,291 posts
wow! they look great! i have no idea what to tell you about the wraps because i don't have dreadlocks yet. sorry. did you t&r your hair?
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
why would u want to remove those sexy loops?butwhat u might fine isd a thinner then normal straight compressed areai had 1 hemp wrap in for several years

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
momma has dreads
@momma-has-dreads
14 years ago
159 posts
I may just take one out and take a look. I have an idea as to how I would like my dreads to look and that for me would be loop, zig zag free. If there is any thing I can do to achieve this look I will consider doing it. I do know that they have a mind of their own too and that I may just need to enjoy what I am given. Either way is pretty much fine too.

soaringeagle said:
why would u want to remove those sexy loops?
but
what u might fine isd a thinner then normal straight compressed area
i had 1 hemp wrap in for several years
momma has dreads
@momma-has-dreads
14 years ago
159 posts
Thanks Heather,I had my son who also has 6 years of natural dreads back comb mine. That alone took us a good week, my hair was long. No wax..I have done nothing since day one. I do wash with baking soda, rinse with apple cider vinegar and accelerate off and on with sea salt/lemon juice /H2O mixure. peace and enjoy your day

Heather said:
wow! they look great! i have no idea what to tell you about the wraps because i don't have dreadlocks yet. sorry. did you t&r your hair?
Faelwynn
@faelwynn
14 years ago
362 posts
Now, I wrap mine differently that you do yours, but I found that mine actually caused more zig-zags than anything... in time, those loops tend to compress and get sucked in (again, just my experience). Now with a wrap like that, there may be a fair amount of compression... I would just be worried about moisture getting trapped under them....
momma has dreads
@momma-has-dreads
14 years ago
159 posts
Thus far I have not had any issue with drying my hair. No mold...dries out pretty easily. I think I will remove one and see what I have there. Thanks for your input. peace

Faelwynn said:
Now, I wrap mine differently that you do yours, but I found that mine actually caused more zig-zags than anything... in time, those loops tend to compress and get sucked in (again, just my experience). Now with a wrap like that, there may be a fair amount of compression... I would just be worried about moisture getting trapped under them....
sadangel777
@sadangel777
14 years ago
68 posts
When I had wraps in mine (they weren't in very long, mind you) they worked wonders for compressing/tightening the dread. In fact, my very first dread was started with the rest of my hair "undreaded" and after I wrapped it for a couple of weeks, it came out perfectly round and super tight! I think you'll be pleased with the results, but just taking one out to check is a good idea.Good luck!
kris
@kris
14 years ago
39 posts
Your dreads look great! :)
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form