Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

dread shops announcement

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
i am concidering creatting a new site something like dreadlocksshops.comim trying to figure out the best way to do thisim going to experiement with a few options on a test site tomorow to find the best options and easiest to usei am not sure yet how this will work out but i believe what i will have to do is create a main front page and then install multiple shops at like dreadlocksshops.com/myshop or for an example dreadlockssops.com/knottysleevesnow im not sure what the overall costs will be to set it up and run it as i think ech shop uses a seperate database and i only get so many freeso im concidering a couple of opyionsa low charge (no per irem charge like etsy) either monthly or annualy, or other option can be you add an include code or something that imports an ad or 2or possibly can offer a free shop with ads and a paid adless shopyou would have total control over the look of your shops as well as inventory management etcperhaps if we do do the ad driven shops then it might be nesacary to set me up as a secondary admin for your shops i dunno tho like i said im just now beginning to mukll over this ideasshops would include at least a shoping cart and order management shipping curency exchange calculatuion some options include selling gift cards and discounts to customer groups (like if they put dreadlockssite as the refferer they can be added to the dreadlockssite customer group and receive a discount) some have many many advanced optionsim also interested in someone who might be interested in becomming a store manager type thingmy original idea was to have it autio generate a new store when you join like etsy but that takes coding that is beyond me unless i can find a solution that does that automaticlyactualy it doesnt need the name dreadlockssops either since some of the shops are not dreadlocks relatedso ill take other suggestionsthese wont be minishops like what we got now but full featured shops like etsy but free or cheap and fuly user customizableyoud be able to create yoiur own shops your waynow im going to try to find the best combo of easy of use and maximum functionality custimilization

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1

updated by @soaring-eagle: 02/14/15 07:42:38AM
Vates
@vates
14 years ago
66 posts
thats basically exactly what me and my brother at trying to make Swampmarket.com for sorta like craigslist but where you can have actual stores man it would be great to have some help on it we already have the domain name
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
ok heres some of what we have availible this isnt a shop software but it adds on to any of the shops we install to add dsecurity http://www.cresecure.com/pages.php?pID=11&CDpath=31_38 http://www.zen-cart.com/ zencarts 1 easy to use shop option http://shopsite.com/landingpage/godaddy-main.html shopsites a very popular shop solution http://www.pinnaclecart.com/ pinacle cart a very powerful and customizable shop http://www.oscommerce.com/ oscommerce is probasbly the leading one the 1 most usedi can install any of those you want as your shoponce we decide on the site name i can install a test shop with each

--
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
ok installing test shops i found out that only 2 are free 2are not oinaclecart is about 42 a month and shopsite 80 a month so those are only for high end shops that expect to majke hundreds a day or sothe 1 shop will auto post items to google and yahoos producys search and do tons of other stiff to maximise salesbutfor crafters the free shops should do what i]u needill have 2 test shops up by tomoro too tired to finnish tonight

--
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
http://rainbowfamilygatherings.com/oscommercetest/ oscommerce shop (not set up yet) http://rainbowfamilygatherings.com/zencarttest/ zen cart shop testill configure and set them up tomorow but will take awhile ..ill post when the test shops are ready to check outthese will just be examples of the type shops u can create

--
chick_pea
@chick-pea
14 years ago
3 posts
This is an awesome idea : ) My dad started a company that creates websites and online stores, making sure they get a great google ranking, dunno if this will help you at all but thought it might be helpful : D Can't wait to see them x
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
ok veru basic test shops are up im not going to clam u can throw up a site without some learninmg how to use these but they have good support sitses ti guide youand with a lil leaerning how yo use em they will do all u need em tothe zen cart might be morte adaptasble but im not sure ill play with em more tomoroboth are full featured shops with multiple payment and shipping optionsthey take some configuring oncce i get the hanf of them ill try to put together a turorialif anyone whos lil techy wants to help with the configuration guides that would help alotorif anyone wants to do the entire step by step guidewhoever does a guide for that shop setup will get a full 6 monnths ads free upgrade freeeso a free shop for 1/2 a year for just helping others learn to use the shopshows that sound?

--
giapet
@giapet
14 years ago
9 posts
I have used oscomerse before, there is quite a tough learning curve with that one. Took a couple months for me to learn some perl coding and other coding.I have heard many good things about ZenCart from people who have used both these two.If I was going to maintain a reg website I would be giving ZenCart a try. As it is now I just point my website to my etsy shop.
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
would love to talk to dad then :) ok im operatijng on zero sleeap but after 4 hours searchung a domain name i fouund 1 quickezshops.comi also did alotta thinking on how to structure things

chick_pea said:
This is an awesome idea : ) My dad started a company that creates websites and online stores, making sure they get a great google ranking, dunno if this will help you at all but thought it might be helpful : D Can't wait to see them x

--
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
ok guysheres the deali just checked on this and the best way to do this is ..for me to become a godaddy reseller it costs 200 a yearthen id resel;ll the hosting the shops the domains site design even all of it and set my own prices i can then i think provide a coupon code to members here to get everything at coststhe biggest advantage of doing this this way is..dedicated hosting as well as.. the great tech support n(theyre tech suport would answer as if theyre my tech suport team too..lol)so then thered be no ad driven sites period.. the shops i was thinking of offering free with ads would be say hows 20 dollars a year sound? that way if we set up 10 shops at 20 a year id have the costs covered.. and thats certainly a reasonable pricein addition youd get your own hosting own domain names whatever u wantand wouldnt be limmited to shops but u could create any kinda site u want cheaply200 is a big investment for me right now but i think it will be very worth it

--
 / 2

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form