Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

New and Natural!

YunieTheOracle
@yunietheoracle
14 years ago
8 posts
Hey, I'm new to the site! I've had this site bookmarked for the past month I've been dreading, but just officially joined the community!When I first decided to get dreads, my roommate and boyfriend backcombed my hair (picture can be seen on my profile). I noticed how much time I was spending trying to make my supposed-to-be low-maintenance hair look anything short of ridiculous and decided backcombing wasn't for me and broke them up.My hair is relatively straight and I thought it would take ages for it to start doing anything, but I'm shocked at how quickly it started to section and I've already formed some legitimate mats at the base of my neck.My friends have all been very supportive of this endeavor, but my mother literally stopped talking to me when my hair was backcombed. When I combed them out, I told her, and she is back to talking to me again. However, I've neglected telling her that I only combed them out, only to start a fresh set of dreads...Since I'm at college, I don't see her that often and I figure I will just wait until she notices.Anyway, that's the story! I'm excited to be part of the community!
updated by @yunietheoracle: 01/13/15 08:48:00PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
we will never stop ti really dont get how a mom can stop talking to u over that but then again mine almost did too (which was kinda nice to not have the constant critisism) ..she'll get over it tho someday

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
sourabh thakur
@sourabh-thakur
14 years ago
83 posts
welcome home and natural is a good choice :)
supp
@supp
14 years ago
81 posts
HaHa I love your story, that's the same as my mum (though my hair is only 5inches, im waiting till my bros wedding to get my dreads) I guess all mums are similar lolGood 2 see you joined the community.Peace
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form