Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

The "Wrongdoings" of My Anti-Hippie "Friends"

Junebug Johnson
@junebug-johnson
14 years ago
22 posts
I came across a link that one of my somewhat friends posted on facebook. I know you can really post anything you have on your mind but this went a little far for my taste. She posted this video: and then said, in exact "words": "HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA !! WTF LOL LMAO!"and this is how the conversation went:Irene: HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!Gabriel: WTFhahahahahahahahahha"And tell them that we love them, i just want you to know that trees..THAT We CARE"Jenna (me): omg.. poor trees. :/ shame on you, Irene, for making fun of these people. At least they care about the future of trees.Irene: Uhm these ppl drove cars there and sit on chairs. They don't care about trees lol.Me: All I'm saying is that I would be right there with them and laughing at their passion is wrong. :/Tomi: That's not their passion, it's a bunch of confused people thinking mankind just goes off killing trees like some evil monster. They just want something to believe in.Me: Like all christians... Yet, that's the popular belief, something rediculous and unbelieveable.Tomi: Nah actually the bible says to tell people to rule the earth, benevolently. The bible actually is against all this green hippy stuff. Just so you know, I don't read the bible I just happen to have stumbled upon that fact.Me: The world today is an ignorant, corrupt place. I don't want to argue. I just don't think it's okay to post and laugh at these grieving people.It's one thing to personally watch these videos and laugh in private, but when you link it for all of your friends to see, including myself (who actually gives a shit about people's feelings and the earth), I will present my opinions about it.Should I have kept my opinions to myself? It was insulting how they acted against them. I know I shouldn't have taken it personal, but I really can't stand ignorant people. :/
updated by @junebug-johnson: 01/13/15 08:47:55PM
Emmy G
@emmy-g
14 years ago
16 posts
you did what's right. stand up for your beliefs and others. Everyone has a right to feel how they feel about whatever issues are important to them, without ignorant folks laughing about it. Your friends should respect the fact that that is how those people, and many others, feel about deforestation.I'm glad you took a stand. People get so wrapped up in themselves they forget that other people have values that are different (though just as valid) as their own.
Faelwynn
@faelwynn
14 years ago
362 posts
Standing up for what you believe in is ALWAYS right. And if this is how your 'friends' act towards other people, then I'd be worried about how they're acting towards you when you're not there. Personally, I'd be finding new 'friends'.
Emmy G
@emmy-g
14 years ago
16 posts

Maxe said:
Tomi: Nah actually the bible says to tell people to rule the earth, benevolently. The bible actually is against all this green hippy stuff. Just so you know, I don't read the bible I just happen to have stumbled upon that fact.

That comment was funny - in a sad way.
Very much so. How are you gonna quote some mis-interpretation likely read off an unreliable internet source when you have no idea what the real text say because you never read it? Jeeze
tatyananashi
@tatyananashi
14 years ago
145 posts
I can't stand ignorant people either, but omg she's dumb. Like seriously."Tomi: Nah actually the bible says to tell people to rule the earth, benevolently. The bible actually is against all this green hippy stuff. Just so you know, I don't read the bible I just happen to have stumbled upon that fact."so, you haven't read the "source" but you know what it says because you stumbled upon something? I personally do not care for the religions based on the bible, but I grow tired of people who do and yet do not know the meaning meaning of dominion. Know your religion at least a little please people!
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
the bible also says its right to enslave your neighbours and its right to rape ypur enemiesthe bible is also used to condone war murder executions but at the same time condemn the termination of a pregnancy when its only a few unformed cellsthe bible can be used to argue both sides of any argument because its all just the interpretatuion of the reader and every person who believes in the bible picks and chooses which parts to believe and which to rejecti mean how many cristians really believe there were dragons and giants?

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Kathleen1
@kathleen1
14 years ago
28 posts
and thats why i dropped christianity like a hot plate. most christians are stupid hypocrites and honestly, to me any other religion makes more sense than christianity, except islam....just my experience from what i see on the news and other ppl, including my sister. to each his won i guess.
Gabe McCoy
@gabe-mccoy
14 years ago
120 posts

You did the RIGHT thing! I don't hate ignorant people, but it's just that, they are ignorant and need to be instructed, and if they refuse to listen, they are arrogant, simple as that

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form