Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

fuzzy dreads/ stray and loose hairs

Andrew2
@andrew2
14 years ago
10 posts
i have a layer of loose or stray hairs on my dreads. like i can see the solid core in the center, with a fuzz barrier around it. I tried wraps and hats, but its a very temporary fix. within an hour of the removal of the hat.. it's back...any suggestions? or help?these fuzzies were not always to this extent. they had came out more just within the past week, and they havent looked like this since the first few months of having dreads. my locks are at 10-11 months now. but im probly worrying for nothing.
updated by @andrew2: 01/13/15 08:47:54PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
perfectly normal and only visible up close so dont worry bout it at allif u leave it alone it gets better over time but whenever u wash they will have that fuzzy layer that slowly gets less noticable as they get dirty but when u wash again its right back againjust ignore it

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
JESSICA EVA (Eva Lovelocks)
@jessica-eva-eva-lovelocks
14 years ago
217 posts
duuuuuuuuuh everyone does. this is what i've noticed happens. the core part of the dread gets a gigantic loop (or lots of little loops) and then those loose hairs wrap around the loop and pull it back down closer to the core. then those loose hairs aren't loose anymore, they are tangled around the loop holding it in it's new place. it's their job to be there for when the core dread gets loopy to pull it back and tighten the dread. that's the locking up part. does that make sense?? not sure if i verbalized it right, but pay attention closely and you will notice this happening in different stages around your entire head.
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form