Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Recipe for BS&ACV please!?

Katie2
@katie2
14 years ago
40 posts
Can someone please post for me the recipe that I have heard is on this site for the proper mixture of baking soda and apple cider vinegar?And, how do I do it?My hair is still really dry. I don't like Dr. Bronner's anymore.
updated by @katie2: 02/14/15 07:39:18AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,639 posts
1 tablespoon baking soda per cup of wateradd a few drops of oils if nededdmix pour over headlet soak 10 minrinse1 tablespoon acv per cuppour over head wait 3 min rinsefor young dreads use less acv for less tome a few seconds is fine

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Brandon Arnold
@brandon-arnold
14 years ago
184 posts
I've got a gallon jug thing that I use and I usually put in 2/3 cup of baking soda.is that enough, or should I put in more?and for that same gallon I put in 2 capfulls of acv, is that good, too?

soaringeagle said:
1 tablespoon baking soda per cup of water
add a few drops of oils if nededd
mix pour over head
let soak 10 min
rinse

1 tablespoon acv per cup
pour over head wait 3 min rinse

for young dreads use less acv for less tome a few seconds is fine
Katie2
@katie2
14 years ago
40 posts
I noticed that after rinsing the baking soda from my head, there was a thick white film caked on my scalp. Like the baking soda wouldn't wash out. I ended up using a little bit of my Aubrey Organics Honeysuckle shampoo that I used with my non-dreaded hair to get the white caked stuff off.Ever have this experience? And if so, how did you remedy it?

Knottysleeves said:
Keep in mind you might need to experiment to find the amounts that work for you and your scalp. I use only 1 spoonful of baking soda in 2 cups of water... anything stronger than that and my scalp gets irritated.
JahWillProvide
@jahwillprovide
14 years ago
95 posts
keeep on trying to rinse outtry lights rubbing around on your scalpthen pour on the acv and that should take most of it out
TaMMiKiNS
@tammikins
14 years ago
22 posts
I wash two-three times a week with Dr Bronners Baby Mild and then once a week use this... WASH MIX DIRECTIONS-10 drops of Tea Tree Oil20 drops of Lavender Oil20 drops of Rosemary Oil2/3-1 cup of baking soda1/2-2/3 gallon of very warm waterMix these things in a pitcher or pail. Slowly pour over scalp and full length of dreadlocks. Let it sit for 10-30 minutes depending on how dirty your scalp and locks are. Rinse this out with Rinse Mix.RINSE MIX DIRECTIONS-10 drops of Tea Tree Oil20 drops of Lavender Oil20 drops of Rosemary Oil1/2 fl oz of Apple Cider Vinegar1/2 fl oz of Cocoa Butter Oil (not safe for dreadie babies)1/2-2/3 gallon of very warm waterMix these things in a pitcher or pail. Slowly pour over scalp and full length of dreadlocks. Let it sit for 3-5 minutes. Rinse very well with CLEAR WATER. Towel dry, separate and enjoy your locks!
Katie2
@katie2
14 years ago
40 posts
Thank you!My dreads are about 3 mo. old...
TaMMiKiNS
@tammikins
14 years ago
22 posts
ok well what I have written here is almost the exact same thing as what is written in the dread washing guide's baking soda deep cleanse, except I actually use LESS oils than SE recommends. http://www.dreadlockssite.com/forum/topics/super-clean-dreads-safe-for#axzz12mRUtFuK

Chewin Change said:
Omg Tammikins there are WAYYYY too many oils in those instructions...

that ratio actually caused my initial dreads to come undone almost instantly

there should be no more than 3 drops of essential oils total for baby dreads. plus a lot of essential oils out there are for aromatherapy which is more concentrated.
TaMMiKiNS
@tammikins
14 years ago
22 posts
well, you must be doing something differently because it doesn't leave my hair slippery and it didn't make my dreads fall apart when they were forming.. I've used this same mixture from about two weeks into my dreading and I'm 8mos23days in, now. My dreads are soft and feel good and my scalp is healthy. or, if you'd like here is the even stronger recipe that SE suggests http://www.dreadlockssite.com/forum/topics/super-clean-dreads-safe-for#axzz12mRUtFuK

Chewin Change said:
so i understand that but those are for mature dreads.

that many oils is insane anyways

any more than 3 drops total and that sits around on my scalp and hair no matter how much i rinse. can't possibly be good for dreads when it makes your hair slippery.
Heather B
@heather-b
14 years ago
53 posts
My scalp seemed to get quite itchy after I wash it, I want to wash all the time but hair doesn't like it, so I tried the bc was with a couple of drops of doTerra lavender and purify oils and it was FANTASTIC! That was perfect for my hair! I didn't know about ingredients but I just pored a small amount in the bottom of the bowl and mixed it with water while l was relaxin in my mama's steam shower...very nice! May do it again tomorrow! :D
 / 2

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form