Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Started school today, no hat :( But i have dandruf and want to know if it goes away or dreads with your hair, inside forever

colbi godlove
@colbi-godlove
14 years ago
48 posts
I never had dandruf. Ever.. But now i do, and i'd freak out thinking how the freak did food get into my hair, or bug eggs, lol but it was just dandruff, i can spend 10 min showering, and the dandruff dont wash out, I was wondering if dandruff is biodegradable and wont dread with my dreads. I am starting the tea tree wash soon, been doing just rosemary for afew months, gotta step it up to tea tree cause i cant really push my hair to the side at school, it just hangs infront of my face.. makes me prob look crazy but what ever i got knotts sticking inchs from my hair and its really funny to people who dont see knots as early dreads haha, and when its in my face, i can see dandruff flakes sometimes and i bet others do too lol...Dreadings awesome love it and wont ever stop. But dreading in high schools hard, people see your wild hair and me being me i think the worst. PLUS its VERYYY long i mean like past my shoulder plaids easily, Havent been mistaken by a girl yet thank god..
updated by @colbi-godlove: 01/13/15 08:47:26PM
colbi godlove
@colbi-godlove
14 years ago
48 posts
haha plaids... wow.. Ment blades..
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
baking soda acv teatree rosemary cold cold rinseyou will be fine

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
katrynn
@katrynn
14 years ago
58 posts
I started getting dandruf too!! I do not like it.I tried Head and Sholders but that didn't work.=,( now I'm going to try the baking soda and hopefully it works
AciDreams
@acidreams
14 years ago
39 posts
You say you wont cut but you also act really concerned with what other people think, kids actually. Think about why you want to let your hair lock, and then you will be happy after you realize its your hair, not theirs. Do with it as you wish.
colbi godlove
@colbi-godlove
14 years ago
48 posts
I wont cut, and just cause anxiety i wouldnt go against my beliefs.

AciDreams said:
You say you wont cut but you also act really concerned with what other people think, kids actually. Think about why you want to let your hair lock, and then you will be happy after you realize its your hair, not theirs. Do with it as you wish.
Pathargic
@patrick2
14 years ago
61 posts
Nah, I get dandruff on occasion as well. It just rinses out. Once your scalp gets used to its washing schedule, it should mellow out a bit. And I only wish my hair were that long. =)
Eva Deva
@eva-deva
14 years ago
36 posts
I know with my own scalp it goes in phases - especially during the fall, my skin dries out and my scalp goes crazy.and the more i mess with it, the more i wash it, the worse it gets.so just keep on your normal routine, don't over wash your hair, and try not to scratch, which may irritate your scalp and cause further imbalance.i have thise Rosemary Toner which comes from Burts Bees, and i dab that on my scalp when it gets itchy, and it cuts down the irritation..and also helps with dandruf.just remember that dandruf is a natural process of the body, and it will pass.as for people at school - forget them. immature people make fun of things they dont understand. and you wont be seeing MOST of them after everyone graduates anyways.it could be worse, and it totally gets better.and just remember that dreadlocks have been around since the dawn of man and in most cultures it is a sign of dedication, devotion, and strength.as for dandruf getting sucked into the center of the dreads...i dont think that happens, but im not sure. im pretty sure it just rinses off the scalp eventually.
Eva Deva
@eva-deva
14 years ago
36 posts
yeah, i notice when i do the rinses, i have this layer of white dandruf lookin stuff that i can scratch off my scalp - but once i get out of the shower and my scalp dries, i don't notice it.i dunno what the deal is there, but i guess i dont really care. as long as my hair is clean and smelling good, i am not bothered by what my scalp is doing - it'll work it out in time..

Chewin Change said:
o and by the way i literally tried sitting in the shower after doing the baking soda wash for like 20 minutes and the dandruff was totally unphased. once i used that shampoo i was shocked. it rinses and cleans really well too. again though i'm not sure if it would help or affect dreading for everyone but it left my hair nice and tangly and clean.
Brandon Arnold
@brandon-arnold
14 years ago
184 posts
Many people mistake me for being a girl cuz of my hair (which is weird, because I have a beard) and dreading in high school was one of the hardest things for me to do...90% of kids just made fun of me or were like "wow that looks terrible. why are you doing it?" and I thought it was so rude, but I told 'em it's what made me happy so shut the f- up.10% of the people loved 'em and actually tried to backcomb their own. But I mean, who cares what they think. Your real friends will get used to it. The onlookers will eventually forget. And you'll be popular (in both a negative and positive way :D)it'll work out. just don't worry about it. i've noticed that not that many people care when I came to college...so if that's your path then you're set haha
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form