Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Dreadlocks in short hair.

matthew3
@matthew3
14 years ago
2 posts
Hello everybody my name is mat, im from kent uk.Im naturally fair haired and my hair is quite straight and soft.About seven days ago now i had my hair put into sections and backcombed, this was quite a tricky job as the longest hair on the top of my head was 4 inches and the shortest on the sides about 2.5 inches or less. But none the less we got it done...eventually.Once everyday i sprayed on a mixture of seasalt and lemon juice, as i heard this helps somewhat. I washed my hair today with baking soda and let it air dry.The ends of the sections are curling up a bit, and i don't know if this is good or not. I have'nt used any rubberbands to hold the tips or at the roots. Will sleeping in a hat help with locking the hair? ive heard conflicting opinions on this.I would like to hear from other people that have had locks put into short hair, so as i can get a rough idea on when they will start to lock up, as i can't really go out with out wearing a hat at the moment.Thank you very much for your time and i look forward to hearing from you.
updated by @matthew3: 01/13/15 08:47:22PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
mine started at the same length but started naturally so whole diferent storyall i can say is who cares what it does or how it looks? u can go out without a hatt cause u shopuldnt care that its not perfectsea salt every day is overkill emphasis on kill u wanna do it once a week about a couple hoirs b4 u washcurling ups a good thing butbackcombing will most likely fall out completely ..so if it does..let it it will still dread up fine when its ready to dreadweating a tams good but not all the time wear it only bout 1/2 the time cause they need time to move freely too

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
matthew3
@matthew3
14 years ago
2 posts
Hey thank you both for the responses. And thank you for the advice SE i will not use the sea salt too much, im just going to let my hair do its own thing now, washing with baking soda twice a week, thanks again.
Arturis Static
@arturis-static
14 years ago
51 posts
Good advice on having the locks move freely

I wear my locks tied back because of work and I forget sometimes to let them be FREEEE once I get home!! So yes, it is important to let them do their thing.

soaringeagle said:
mine started at the same length but started naturally so whole diferent story
all i can say is who cares what it does or how it looks? u can go out without a hatt cause u shopuldnt care that its not perfect
sea salt every day is overkill emphasis on kill u wanna do it once a week about a couple hoirs b4 u wash
curling ups a good thing but
backcombing will most likely fall out completely ..so if it does..let it it will still dread up fine when its ready to dread

weating a tams good but not all the time wear it only bout 1/2 the time cause they need time to move freely too
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form