Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

lock peppa how it "works"

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
alot of people think lock peppa works because it seems to help create knots, but lock peppa does nothing to create knots it just causes the hair to seem more knottedlock peppa does have 1 ingredient that might actually do something, a chemical that dries out hair making it brittle but also less slippery.the rest of the ingredients can be concidered grit, or dirt, 1 being rosin is grit thats stickt and adheres to the hairs as ilustrayed below in my very lame drawing

the hairs on the left are smooth and clean the ones on the right have lock peppa clinging to9 the shaftswhen the hair is backcombed to9 create knots it seems to get knotty faster because of the barbed like texture that causes the hairs to grop eachother as if knotted even when no knots are physicaly pressent.1 wash and the lock peppa washes out , some knots remain ofcourse because backcombing does cause somer knotting but theres nowhere near the knots u thiught u had.this is why i say lock peppa literaly does nothing..just causes the illusion of causing knots.when you add wax, the knors u had wont slip out the lock peppa wont wash out so you dont seem to lose much progressbut then again the wax prevents new knots so you gain no progress either you just compress the few exosting knots into waxthis candle some think of as a dread wont really mature soinc4 theres not a whole lot of knots to begin withsome people love to argue that it does create knots so think a momment..how does a powder create knots?lock peppa does nothing at all except give you flaky hair

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1

updated by @soaring-eagle: 02/14/15 06:17:47AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
exactlyplus its toxic to breathe it and your sprinkling on your head where its easy to breathethe vido where the crazy salt lady is sprinkling it all over that poor kid shes coughing aloti know pine specificly pitch pine when burned causes pine fever a nasty cpugh like that and u gotta chew pine sap or needles to cure it i wonder if rosin causes the same symptoms

Knottysleeves said:
Just the idea of sealing that powder into your dreads by applying wax over top... EWWWW.

I did ballet for several years, and rosin is what dancers grind their pointe shoes into so the surface gets roughed up and they grip better on the floor. I cannot even imagine putting that crap on my hair. Yeah, it's a natural substance (mostly made from pine tree resin) but still. Ick!

--
eyeheartchrist
@eyeheartchrist
14 years ago
12 posts
yes i use to have this stuff, sadly. It was a nightmare using all of that stuff. it was truly a waste of money to spend that much on shampoo and stuff... BUT! it does work well for making up hand soap and maybe even washing the car...but I wouldn't put that junk in my hair again! it takes forever to rinse out, especially in locks.

of course, the topic is about lock peppa, i got carried away...if you look up the ingredients of the product, you get these products:Gimborn R-7 Ear Powder for Cats and Dogs http://www.petfooddirect.com/product/11025/Gimborn-R-7-Ear-Powder-for-Cats-and-Dogs You talk about something sick!
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
wowthe more i find out about him and his products the more im tota,y convinced hes just a scam artistsya know i think we may need a whole new forum section called 'evidence against dread profiteers'

--
Jackal
@jackal
14 years ago
132 posts
wow! i had no idea it was ear hair remover. i used it during backcombing and i used to palm roll the shit into my dreads... luckily it didnt do much damage and i think its all out
Z Amandalia
@z-amandalia
14 years ago
3 posts
Wow! I'm very glad I read this! Thanks everyone for detailing your experiences. Buying some Lock Peppa was on my to-do list for today, but not anymore!
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
dont buy any dread products at all they all suck

Z Amandalia said:
Wow! I'm very glad I read this! Thanks everyone for detailing your experiences. Buying some Lock Peppa was on my to-do list for today, but not anymore!

--
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
better scam is sell a pinch of salt worth 2 cents for 10 bucksoh wait dreadheadhq already came up with that scam

--
Jack Roth
@jack-roth
14 years ago
298 posts
the only dread products i would ever recoomened are beads and patience
O'Callaghan
@ocallaghan
14 years ago
57 posts
Wooooow. This is truly incredible. Johnny Clean is a real piece of work eh! Minty ear powder. Just wow.
 / 2

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form