Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Homemade natural dread beads

Vates
@vates
14 years ago
66 posts
Ok so a couple months ago I was walking on the lake here and I collected some drift wood. Basically I am going to make some dread beads from the wood and would like to know if anyone wants some of them. I dont think my hair is long enough for them yet so if anyone is interested I will give you w/e bead I make for free I just need to know the diameters of how large of one you would like. The only thing I ask is to know how well the beads work and any suggestions for me to make the process better would be appreciated.hmmm and does anyone know if I will need to seal the wood with anything to keep it form adsorbing water ... ??
updated by @vates: 05/22/17 07:46:26PM
Panterra Caraway
@panterra-caraway
14 years ago
667 posts
What a great idea! I would love one! My dreads aren't very big, about the size around of a ball point pen. I would imagine you would want to seal them with something, but I really couldn't say what...maybe someone else here knows...? What beach were you on when you did your collecting? I love the ocean more than anything! Cool idea for beads...thank you :)
Vates
@vates
14 years ago
66 posts
its from Lake Okeechobee the big circle you see on the map in the middle of FL lol I live in a small town right off the lake :D ... and yea I just need to figure out a natural sealant I can use then I'll get right on making them asap
Hannah Clarke
@hannah-clarke
14 years ago
29 posts
I would absolutely adore one, but I'm from England and that would be way to far to post :( but I would still love to see some pictures!?
Bryce Forrest
@bryce-forrest
14 years ago
32 posts
i would love one, send me a personal message if your serious.yeah beeswax would probably work awesome as a sealant. but you could also always go unnatural like a laquer or urethane. but believe you me, more people would be interested if you DIDN'T do that. haha
Vates
@vates
14 years ago
66 posts
Someone let Jonny Clean know I found a dread related use for beeswax lmfao

updated by @vates: 02/05/15 10:12:49AM
sadangel777
@sadangel777
14 years ago
68 posts
Ooooooh Yes, Please!!! Mine are about the size of a ball point pen, too, maybe even a little smaller. : )
MzElaineous
@mzelaineous
14 years ago
87 posts
I'd tell Jonny if he read anything other than his awful gigantic thread...don't want to add to the madness or length.

Oh wow, they look gorgeous! I would love a small bead; the size of around a ball point pen. Also, I have an extra pewter bead or a medium sized scorpion pendant if you would like to trade. :)

Vates said:
Someone let Jonny Clean know I found a dread related use for beeswax lmfao

updated by @mzelaineous: 02/05/15 10:12:49AM
Vates
@vates
14 years ago
66 posts
Anyone who wants one go ahead and message me with the style of bead you would like and size and I'll need your mailing address so I can send it out to ya asap :)
BLK
@blk
14 years ago
6 posts
You basically sound like me! haha. I started making a bead out of driftwood but the project came to a bitter halt when I got a nasty sliver half the width of my thumb UNDER my thumb nail. Haha. So sick. So thank you for reminding me to finish my bead. I'm going to decorate it a little bit either with paint or a simple carving and then varnish it so that it won't rot! I never even considered bees wax- Genius!I hope yours turns out! It's fun to have beads in your hair! I recommend trying to fit one in as soon as you can, because it's like a special bond with that dread. Haha.:) Peace
 / 2

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form