Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

people are cruel

Bryce Forrest
@bryce-forrest
14 years ago
32 posts
i can't help but vent.so i go to an alternative highschool of about 50 or so people. mostly pretty open minded, accepting atmosphere. but i have one class at the end of the day at the traditional highschool. totally different. now i don't give a damn what people think of my hair. im pretty self conscience about most everything. but not my hair. however, it kinda breaks my heart when my bestfriend has to carry the load of shit people try to give me. she told me today that kids are constantly saying things like "you're friends with that kid from the alternative? his hairs fucking sick. did you know he doesn't even wash it? thats how you get dreadlocks." i'm so proud of her. she just tells them, "if you don't like it, don't look at it, because he's my bestfriend."i just hate to hear how cruel people have to be. over fucking hair. sorry to rant. on that note... i love my bestfriend so much.
updated by @bryce-forrest: 02/14/15 03:51:43AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
give her a hug from meand well kids in hs are cruelthey are pathetic so they pick on ppl to tryu seeming less pathetic

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Lacie Blaze
@lacie-blaze
14 years ago
39 posts
High school kids are careless with their words. Luckily, you have a friend mature enough that wont not befriend someone because of myths they've heard in the past. But, honestly, I've found at that age, no matter how "normal" you try to be, they will always pick something to pick on. Just stay positive, and dont let their immature words break you down! You're obviously alot happier with yourself than they are breaking people down to make themselves feel better. Its more fullfilling(sp?) to stay true to yourself than to say a word to them about it, IMHO! :) Good luck with it! Remember, high school is only 4 years of your life.
Bryce Forrest
@bryce-forrest
14 years ago
32 posts
I sure will SE. It's just an excuse for me to hug her and i love doing that. :)) thanks to both of you for your support. its no biggy to me what they think. as long as she doesnt mind how could i?
neil coe
@neil-coe
14 years ago
361 posts
sorry to hear that but just remember to keep your head up high, kids will always be cruel and make fun of someone for something, they dont know what it is to be ones self anymore, everything they view as cool and the close they wear, or the music they listen to(ppl dont know real music anymore) is just what they see, kids love to fit in and are afraid to be their different or themself, well ppl in general not just kids, just kids tend to make fun of the different, when they should embrace it, culture is good, being yourself is good..... and usually the ones making fun of ppl really the ones with emotions bottled up inside and its there way of drawing the attention to someone else, but like they say best thing to do is kill them with kindness, once they see it dont affect you, and not only do you got mad about it you just say something positive or smile, most of the time they will stop, well hope i helped in someway, and by the way, you got a good friend, its nice to have that
Bryce Forrest
@bryce-forrest
14 years ago
32 posts
thanks everyone. :) you guys just seem to confirm all of my thoughts and feelings. you're all good people. thank you all so very much :)))
Hannah Clarke
@hannah-clarke
14 years ago
29 posts
I hate that people are so judgement and close minded :( I know it's easy to say but try not to take it to heart, you love your hair and by the sounds of it your best friend will stand by you whatever! You have a great friend there :) There opinions don't matter, what does is your own... Hope your feeling better soon
Newt  :)
@newt
14 years ago
5 posts
They really can be, especially in a concevitive town (please forgive my spelling im exhausted pulled an all nighter) People assume i smell because i have dreads, I do not smell, i actually smell like lavender. I also take a bath everyday. People need to learn to not pass judgement on those who they dont know. Cheers to your friend, Kids where i live would just agree or say nothing.
sadangel777
@sadangel777
14 years ago
68 posts
People are jerks, and I wish that wasn't the case. Just imagine a school full of dreadheads - then who would be the minority? : P
Bryce Forrest
@bryce-forrest
14 years ago
32 posts
true that. i'm over it though. kinda cool though... this kid came up to me today and was like, "woah, how long have you been working on your dreads?" it was surprising. because i don't ever think they look like dreads yet :))
 / 2

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form