Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Hello!

Matt7
@matt7
14 years ago
11 posts
Hello ya'll, i'm matt and i have been doing research on dreading my hair. If you have to ask my why I am doing this, my answer would be, why not? i want to see the journey it takes me through. Whether it is spiritual, emotional, or just for the hell of it. I was going to waste money buying these products, but I later found out that these were harmful. I guess i will just go with seperating them, so that i don't get one big dread but otherwise let nature take it's course.Also if you guys would be so kind, please offer me tips and etc. I think it's been like three weeks since I last combed my hair, i wash it every day because i don't want my hair to stink or smell. Anyways, please offer tips if you can it would be greatly appreciated. I will get a picture up soon to let ya'll see how it's looking so far haha. I doubt they are any good, but what the hell, gotta learn to let go right?Thank you for reading this I know it's rather long winded and you might think it a waste of your time.Untill the next time I post or read, have at it ya'll!
updated by @matt7: 01/13/15 08:47:05PM
ashley ✿
@ashley
14 years ago
167 posts
welcome to the site brother!i bet your hair is coming alone wonderfully..the only tip i have is don't worry when they start to do weird stuff..and keep em apart good, cause if you go a few days without keepin em apart when they form..well, let's just say it does not feel all too good pulling apart dreads that are a few inches down joined together..haha..good luck on your journey! hope you find what your looking for
neil coe
@neil-coe
14 years ago
361 posts
well welcome.... and good idea going natural,, and it you want to speed things up, first thought was maybe chill on the washing everyday..... you can go a few days to a week and you will be fine, i wash when my head feels dirty, but it never stinks, i recommend a baking soda wash and a nice cold rinse ,,,. also you can do a sea salt spray on your hair to encourage knotting, and last thing you can do is get yourself a wool tam, other then that all you need to do is give it time..... dreads are a process and its funny when ppl expect it to be a overnight kinda thing, cause its not, nor should it, sometimes in life its good to go the scenic route, it may take longer but you will enjoy it a hell of a lot more seeing all the progress and change....... well good luck
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
when u dread dreads dry slowso washing every day will guarantee that you will smell since they never dry1-3 times a week is perfect

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Matt7
@matt7
14 years ago
11 posts
Thank you guys! I appreciate all the help and that your all so friendly!
NaturalWomyn
@naturalwomyn
14 years ago
849 posts
Welcome to the site! Great choice to go natural!! Lookin forward to some pics :o)
Vates
@vates
14 years ago
66 posts
Welcome mang :D and natural is defenatly the way to go. What are you using to wash though ?? Many normal shampoo's will leave residue in your hair that can keep it from locking so you defiantly want to make sure its a resin free soap. I think that most of the people on here ... well I can only really speak for myself but ... anyways use the baking soda was it works very well for me personally. Best thing I can tell you overall is just to be patient and enjoy your journey.
Matt7
@matt7
14 years ago
11 posts
Thanks man! And I don't exactly have the name of the shampoo on me, but it's residue free thankfully. That was the first thing i checked before starting to use it... I think I will get to the baking soda thing, just need a chance to get to the grocery store haha! And yeah... patience is what I hear :) Thank you for the help!
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form