@alden
14 years ago
303 posts

updated by @alden: 01/13/15 08:46:57PM
tatyananashi
@tatyananashi
14 years ago
145 posts
Second time around looks a lot less manufactured than the first time around. Did you start out the dreads by wrapping extensions on your hair? And in the 7 month picture is that all growth or additional extensions?
How are you putting the extensions in?

Also I knew I wasn't the only one who named my dreads. :P

I liked it when you were going natural that second time around, but since your extensions are human hair they should dread up about the same one would think, they just look so thin for their length but they were just put in so they might thicken. Are they crocheted? Do you have the underside shaved like before or is this your whole head now? In the later pictures you have some thick ones in the back those are lookin good.Either way, looks good even before when you had those extensions after 7 months, I love the length and those wraps added a nice touch and some color. :)
Alden
@alden
14 years ago
303 posts
The first set was way over crocheted, the 7 month mark are extensions, from someone else's head. This set is a full head of dreads, and I'm thinking of doing a tutorial on my extension method, it's not a way that I've seen on here, they're permanent, and it's really affective.
tatyananashi
@tatyananashi
14 years ago
145 posts
Definitely, because with your 7 month picture your dreads including extensions looks really good, the extensions blend really well, and if your method is successful and not damaging I'd love to know how to do it. :)

Alden said:
The first set was way over crocheted, the 7 month mark are extensions, from someone else's head. This set is a full head of dreads, and I'm thinking of doing a tutorial on my extension method, it's not a way that I've seen on here, they're permanent, and it's really affective.
Faelwynn
@faelwynn
14 years ago
362 posts
I would sooo like to see an extension tutorial out of you... I really like the new extensions! They look a lot better without the over-crochetedness.

Alden said:
Alden
@alden
14 years ago
303 posts
Oh personal jesus, you're making me blush!! lolI'll work on a tutorial today, it's a fairly simple method, tho there is one minor draw back to it that I will explain in the tutorial, tho the draw back is only something that can be felt within the dread, and only if you know where/what to feel for, and it can't be seen where the seam is.
Mele
@mele
14 years ago
7 posts
Ooooo The 1st set was SEXY, even if they were over done haha. Loved the wraps :) Id definitely want to see that tutorial! I tried to put extensions in and could get liek 1 of 10 right using the traditional crocheting them in system :/ How'd you do them? Anyway-I'm loving Pippin-Ive got a dread in the back that looks identical-spunky lil bugger haha.
Alden
@alden
14 years ago
303 posts
I extended this set because I'm looking for work, and with my hair as short and messy as it was, finding work was proving to be very difficult, however long and messy seems to work out just fine as I just found work the other day. I also wouldn't have done them if I hadn't run across my buddies amputated ponytail, wouldn't have used any store bought or anything like that.I'm still working on getting around to that tutorial, I shuffled a deck of cards too close to my eclectics parrot and it spooked her, causing her to bite down, hard, on my finger. Wicked beak equals fucked up finger, so I'm been a bit out of commission.
Jack Roth
@jack-roth
14 years ago
298 posts
Dreads are looking gooooood man !!!!
Mama Harrison
@mama-harrison
13 years ago
117 posts
would you please share how you extended with human hair that wasn't already wefted/glued to a clip. I want to make extensions out of my old ponytails and would love some guidance on how best to do it! Thanks!

Alden said:
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form