Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

on the search for credible sources for a dreadlocks concepts essay

MzElaineous
@mzelaineous
14 years ago
87 posts
Have any?I know I could go to the library for those fancy things called books, but I already did an online elibrary search and it's pretty slim pickings in my area. I also searched the "Scholar" section of Google and Expanded Academic Database. And boooo, wikipedia is not a credible source.Any links to credible articles, magazines, journals, etc. would be much appreciated. :]
updated by @mzelaineous: 01/13/15 08:46:57PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
well i think we could compile a history and everything right here but not sure what u need as far as credible sources im better it wont be easy to find reakl scholarly credible sourses since most anthropologists and whateverr wouldnt care enough about the subject or if they did do a paper on it it would be very narrowly focused on 1 tribes historical dreading.what class is it for if we knew what the class andassignmemt was and what you hope to prove with the survetyy or paper then would help maybe find a sourse?i dunnowhat are the prameters i mean dreadlocks is a broad subject

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
MzElaineous
@mzelaineous
14 years ago
87 posts
Hehe, yeah, that's what I've found so far, narrow focuses.It's for my English class. And I did recall that since my topic isn't "scholarly" that means my sources didn't need to be. But still credible...maybe from dreadlock experts that have published their findings in a grammatically correct and quotable manner that can be cited. Example I'm considering using Not every Rastafarian is a dready and not every dready is a Rastafarian. as an introduction sentence and of course saying it's a common phrase bantered in our forum. Then from there I'll explain further. So I at least have an idea for my initial paragraph, but unfortunately all of it can't be based on forum discussions.

soaringeagle said:
well i think we could compile a history and everything right here but not sure what u need as far as credible sources im better it wont be easy to find reakl scholarly credible sourses since most anthropologists and whateverr wouldnt care enough about the subject or if they did do a paper on it it would be very narrowly focused on 1 tribes historical dreading.

what class is it for if we knew what the class andassignmemt was and what you hope to prove with the survetyy or paper then would help maybe find a sourse?
i dunno

what are the prameters i mean dreadlocks is a broad subject
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
well you can cite biblical references to dreads as well as the fact that several egyption pharoes worse rdrewads (like king tut)\you can write abiyt sadhus who have dreads over 15 geet and go on about how the current guiness world record is held by a woman with only 7 foot dreads even though the longest hair catagory is over 40 feet andsis a dread and many essence folks have dreads over 12-125 feetits an english cklass so it could be more creative then factual even right?you could write a story of a single dreadlock how its born and develops from a single knot formed by a passing bresse how others gather with it how groups of hairs cling together like a community grow tighter form relationships become intertwinedi dunno what the exact assignment is but if you can mix creativity with facts and history it could be fun

--
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
http://theafrocentricexperience.com/kingtutankhamen.pdf king tuts dreadlocks are still intact to this day

--
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
dreadlocks today may be looked down upon by some members of society and associated with homelessness and drug addiction in the minds of the ignorant, but for thousands of years dreadlocks were a sybol of royalthy, of holiness, and respectability. dreadlocks wer worn by pharoes and kings, babas, gurus, prophets and preists. many of the most well known and respected figures in history worse dreadlocks.king tutenkhamen one of the most well known pharoes, both a king, and a holy figure (pharoes were thought to be both gods and men) wore dreadlocks that survived till this day. as well as many fifuress in the bible as well. joseph, the eartthly "father" of jesus wore dreads as well as samson whos seven locks were of legend , john the baptist as well. many scholars also believe jesus himself had dreadlocks to the ground.although theres no mention of it it can be assumed adam and eve as well would have dreaded having neither miror or comb.(or modesty or vanity)today, dreadlocks are descriminated against, even prohibeted by certain close minded individuials, they are said to be not "work appropriate" for plumbers and ditch diggers, criminals are expected to cut off their dreads when in prison, and schools ban dreads as extreme hairstyles.but how can dreads be not appropriate when flipping burgers, but are appropriate when ruling the earliest civilizations on earth?as you can see you can go on from therelol tires srry bout the typos

--
MzElaineous
@mzelaineous
14 years ago
87 posts
Thanks SE! Above and beyond! Off to search for biblical quotes in the forums and then find them in the actual bible :D
NaturalWomyn
@naturalwomyn
14 years ago
849 posts
This sounds awesome! Are we gonna get to read it when it's done????? Might be something cool to put on the site! (hint hint)
MzElaineous
@mzelaineous
14 years ago
87 posts
Haha, I'm shy about my writing. (I think because I was raised around Filipinos that didn't fully understand English, grammar, etc.) I don't have a good of grasp of sentence structure/flow. I had well over a dozen errors in my last essay: comma splices, run on sentences and missing punctuation. If I get at least an A- I'll considering posting. :]

NaturalWomyn said:
This sounds awesome! Are we gonna get to read it when it's done????? Might be something cool to put on the site! (hint hint)
NaturalWomyn
@naturalwomyn
14 years ago
849 posts
I have a passion for writing and I always find your words to be extremely beautifully written. I would have never guessed at your shyness! I think you have great talent and shouldn't be afraid to bless us all with your work! But it's of course up to you nudge, nudge lol! Whatever you feel comfortable with mama, I know sharing our writing and other creative endeavors can be difficult because it comes from deep within souls and the fear of rejection is intimidating BUT it is also pretty liberating and uplifting when someone appreciates it. I know everybody here will be supportive. Sometimes we have to step out of our comfort zones to experience the best of life! Much Love

MzElaineous said:
Haha, I'm shy about my writing. (I think because I was raised around Filipinos that didn't fully understand English, grammar, etc.) I don't have a good of grasp of sentence structure/flow. I had well over a dozen errors in my last essay: comma splices, run on sentences and missing punctuation. If I get at least an A- I'll considering posting. :]

NaturalWomyn said:
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form