Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

HELP! I came in contact with lice

Sam Adams
@sam-adams
14 years ago
19 posts
So, I've had my dreads for probably a little over 3 months now. There doing okay, need some work but I cant compain much. Except some are beginning to go together then again some are way to small so I'm semi okay with it. WELL, a little girl lives in this house I'm staying in.. I got called down to the Nurses Office today during school and she takes me into this room and says "Is there a little girl that lives with you your sister?" And well lets get to the point here. She took me back into the room to check my damn hair because I GUESS this little girl that lives here has lice which no one seemed to tell me about. Well she checked it but had no clue what she was really doing I think with the dreads, and she told me it didnt look like I had anything except dandruff. Which I wasn't surprised because I had dandruff without my dreads. She said to keep and eye out for bugs and what not. And told me to wash m hair and come back to get checked again. I'm not sure if I should be worried or not... I mean I dont know what to look for, I never had lice and I'm scared SHITLESS to ever. I mean what should I look out for? And how can I be positive I dont? And is there any possible way if I was to get it I could salvage my locks? I dont think there is but im not sure.. And I swear if I have to cut out my dreads because some little girl gave me bugs im gunna be highly upset.......OH and btw, I dont leave my room and I never get into much contact with her, so what does anyone think? I really just sit in my room, go to work, and school. Should I be worried? I just need advice.
updated by @sam-adams: 02/14/15 06:32:22AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
u do not need to cut dreads due to lice1 use teatree oil and u wont get lice they hate itbut if u douse rubbing alcohol to smother themthey breathe the fumes and die just repeat every 3 days for 9 pr more daysalso neem seed oil kills themi use teatree every wash to prevent em

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Sam Adams
@sam-adams
14 years ago
19 posts
THANK YOU SO MUCH! I'll have to get to that :)I was thinking rubbing alcohol but I wasnt sure if thatwould mess them up or something.What does that oil smell like?And would it keep all bugs away?

soaringeagle said:
u do not need to cut dreads due to lice
1 use teatree oil and u wont get lice they hate it
but if u do
use rubbing alcohol to smother them
they breathe the fumes and die just repeat every 3 days for 9 pr more days
also neem seed oil kills them

i use teatree every wash to prevent em
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
neem seed oils got astrong earthy smell some ppl dont like but thats for killing themteatree oil repells lice and is the most powerful anticeptic on earth plus helps treat dandruff its got a slightly earthy smell but not badalcohol sufocates them if u get them vinager (undiluted) disolvces the egg casingsu gotta do it every 3 days to break the 5 day birth cycloe (they are born in 5 days and lay eggs at 5 days old)other options exist but are messiermayonesemayo and vinager mixedmeat tenderizer (disolves the exoskeletons) folowed by cococolavasalineaparently dying your hair will kill em too

--
NaturalWomyn
@naturalwomyn
14 years ago
849 posts
delacet is a really strong all natural lice killer that works great for dreads. There's really no reason to freak out. If you're not scratching and don't see any bugs in your hair than don't worry but maybe u should wear a hat around this girl just to be safe.
Sam Adams
@sam-adams
14 years ago
19 posts
I mean I scratch a little, but I thought it was normal? I mean I havent really noticed much different lately. Its just the fact that she has it and i live in the same house hahhahaha. I probably am going to buy some type of hat after payday... I mean winter will be here soon! ill need it anyways :P

NaturalWomyn said:
delacet is a really strong all natural lice killer that works great for dreads. There's really no reason to freak out. If you're not scratching and don't see any bugs in your hair than don't worry but maybe u should wear a hat around this girl just to be safe.
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
a hat and dose your head in teatreebut lice dont jump youd have to have hair to hare contact, or sleep in her bed or sit on furniture she sits on wear her hats (even ipod earphones ) they have to crawl from head to head or head to something to head..

--
Sam Adams
@sam-adams
14 years ago
19 posts
Okay, I think I SHOULD be okay then.I never touched her, shes nasty dirty, smelly so I tried to stay way haha.Closest thing was maybe sat on a couch she sat/slept on maybe twice?But I always tried to remind myself dont put my head down causeshe's had lice like 3 times... SO it was always in the back ofmy mind.

soaringeagle said:
a hat and dose your head in teatree

but lice dont jump youd have to have hair to hare contact, or sleep in her bed or sit on furniture she sits on wear her hats (even ipod earphones ) they have to crawl from head to head or head to something to head..
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
umm why is this girl on your couch why is she so neglected whos suposed to be taking care of her and why arent theyshouldnt someone be taking care of her?do u think she needs to be somewhere else to get proper care?it cant be good to be there with ppl afriad to talk to her or touch herand if its your home i dunno u might be at risk if shes staying with u being neglected

--
NaturalWomyn
@naturalwomyn
14 years ago
849 posts
yea this poor little girl is obviously not being properly cared for. Who's responsibility is she and why aren't they doing anything for her? Sounds like neglect to me I think you need to contact someone to make sure she gets the attention she needs. That's really sad.I mean I'm the last one to advocate calling the authorities, I prefer to handle my issues myself but when it comes to a child in harms way you gotta step in and see that she gets some help.
 / 3

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form