Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Advice

katrynn
@katrynn
14 years ago
58 posts
Hii I'm katryn, I've been dreading for a few weeksand my ends are out everytime it gets wet it getsworse! Even when it's dry they're out. Same thingwith my edges. What ca I do?!?
updated by @katrynn: 02/14/15 08:06:09AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
nothing its normal and prefferedu shouldnt want blunt tips blunt tips make em dry way slowerumm what do u mean by edgesand u been dreading for weeks only they will likely fall apart completely before they dreadtheres nothing to do but wait for them to dread

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
NaturalWomyn
@naturalwomyn
14 years ago
849 posts
You can be patient. At only a few weeks you don't even really have dreads yet. There will be many changes in the months/years to come. Just leave your hair alone and see what they become :o)
katrynn
@katrynn
14 years ago
58 posts
They are comming apart! But by edges I mean roots, that wouldv been a better way to put it

soaringeagle said:
nothing its normal and preffered u shouldnt want blunt tips blunt tips make em dry way slowerumm what do u mean by edgesand u been dreading for weeks only they will likely fall apart completely before they dreadtheres nothing to do but wait for them to dread
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
its normal for the roots to have from 1-3 inches undreaded at the rootsthat will slowly get less to about 1/2 inch a year or 2 from noweverything your dreads are doing is what they gotta fdo to dreadf i guess u backcombed and thought you had dreads? u didnt u had backcombed hair whish almost always falls apart sometimes completely but thats ok you never had to backcomb anyway ann u had to do was nothing and nothing is what you should do nowrelax..hair dreads..thats all u need to know and all you need to do is wait for it to dread

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
katrynn
@katrynn
14 years ago
58 posts
I did the twist and rip, I'll just leave my hair alone

soaringeagle said:
its normal for the roots to have from 1-3 inches undreaded at the roots that will slowly get less to about 1/2 inch a year or 2 from noweverything your dreads are doing is what they gotta fdo to dreadf i guess u backcombed and thought you had dreads? u didnt u had backcombed hair whish almost always falls apart sometimes completely but thats ok you never had to backcomb anyway ann u had to do was nothing and nothing is what you should do nowrelax..hair dreads..thats all u need to know and all you need to do is wait for it to dread
❂•Paula•❂
@opaulao
14 years ago
751 posts
Get yourself an old wool sweater and put it over your pillow...I swear it works :)
Hannah Clarke
@hannah-clarke
14 years ago
29 posts
I did backcomb mine, and within the first few weeks I was super paranoid that they were coming apart... but being lazy (thankfully :P) I left them and now a year in they are perfectly fine and knotted themselves up good and proper :D
katrynn
@katrynn
14 years ago
58 posts
I'm not too lazy, but it's weird cuz you think they'll never do what you want them to do. What is backcombing exactly?

Hannah Clarke said:
I did backcomb mine, and within the first few weeks I was super paranoid that they were coming apart... but being lazy (thankfully :P) I left them and now a year in they are perfectly fine and knotted themselves up good and proper :D
katrynn
@katrynn
14 years ago
58 posts
Odd, but Im def going to try it!=)

Paula said:
Get yourself an old wool sweater and put it over your pillow...I swear it works :)
 / 2

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form