Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

how do i stop dreads that only want to congo

labmofgod
@labmofgod
14 years ago
94 posts
well i have like 8-9 shorter dreads on the back of my head and my neck that every couple of days i end up pulling apart because all they want to do is congo together into 2 much larger dreads and i dont want my dreads to be huge so i have been pulling them apart knowing that if they r as big as they seem then they are gonna be alot bigger when they are matured.Is there anything i can do? i really dont want to want to have 2 huge dreads on the back of my neck.
updated by @labmofgod: 01/13/15 08:46:30PM
Earthstudios
@earthstudios
14 years ago
108 posts
just have to keep pulling them apart till they mature enough to not want to stick together anymore. Its gets easier the older they get :)
Lex
@lex
14 years ago
217 posts
put beads on the areas that keep connecting to keep them apart.
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
and be sure to seperate all te way to the scalpif u dont then theyre not truly seperated and will keep congoing

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
labmofgod
@labmofgod
14 years ago
94 posts
i have been pulling them apart all the way to the scalp and removing hairs that seem to be the source of the connection from the dreads that they are connecting together but they just keep getting caught back together and i think its because of the fact that i have to keep my hair in a ponytail when im at work. it could also be the fact that the ones in the back are fluffy and soft where as all the other ones are getting tighter and i dont seem to have any problem with those ones.
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
ptobly right try leaving em out of the ponytail or making it looseror best idea yet..use those 2 to tie the ponytail take them pulling in oposite diresctionsd away from eachother wrap around and tuck under so the very act of putting em in the pontytail seperates them and holds them seperated

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Ashleyymarie.
@ashleyymarie
14 years ago
8 posts
Like Lex said, put beads on them or wrap them in string. :)
labmofgod
@labmofgod
14 years ago
94 posts
question if i were to put hemp cord or wool yarn in my hair to hold them together how long would be too long to have it in?
GratefulNick
@gratefulnick
14 years ago
155 posts
Hey man long time no see! You just kind of have to keep ripping them appart, or put beads on them. I've also heard that excessive ripping can lead to thinning of dreads. I battled my dreads from becoming congos but they naturally wanted to congo so I just let them do what they wanted, I lost the battle but I love my congos
labmofgod
@labmofgod
14 years ago
94 posts
yea i havent been on as much seeing as how i cant use the chat option here at school because that part of the site is blocked. But besides that its all good im in the process of trying to get some pictures of them on the computer but my cell phone is being a bitch and doesnt want to send the pictures. but i will keep trying GratefulNick said:
Hey man long time no see! You just kind of have to keep ripping them appart, or put beads on them. I've also heard that excessive ripping can lead to thinning of dreads. I battled my dreads from becoming congos but they naturally wanted to congo so I just let them do what they wanted, I lost the battle but I love my congos
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form