Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

The beginning & Thank You

Shawna
@shawna
14 years ago
5 posts
Hi there,I'm very new to this site and to the dread community. I decided about a month ago that I wanted to do dreads. I've always really like them, but it never occured to me that I'd actually enjoy having them. I started off by watching the rival dreadheadhq- after watching his videos I got really excited about doing dreads and made up my mind that I was going to get dreads as soon as I could afford them. I am not the type of person that rushes into decisions and am commited to doing research before I commit to something and boy am I glad I have that personality. The only thing I found some what useful from the dreadhead hq website was a video on knowing why you choose to have dreads. It's made me much more comfortable at my place of employment walking around with a head full of dreadlocks knowing why I have them. I'm much more confident with them and could care less what any others think =] Anyways... I read, and then read more and I also went around here locally in Arizona to find someone who could professionaly do dreads. I found people willing to do dreads for me for anywhere between $90-$150, then I fell into the hands of dreadlockssite.com- I have to compliment this website and I know that if I would have went with the info I found prior to this site I know I would have a bald head and be in tears right now. After reading the site I decided to do it on my own with the help of my husband... I began my journey on Saturday 09/11/10- I decided to go with the twist and rip method. I knew I couldn't map out my head in 1x1inc squares and my husband wasn't comfortable with doing it so I had my hair stylist map out my head in a brick pattern so all my dreads would lay down nicely. After over 40 hours and 9 days later of twisting and ripping they're finally born. I haven't washed my head since the day I started and have only used Aloe to cut down on the frizzy's, but here is the 1st photo of my dreads. I want to encourage anyone reading this site and thank everyone for their posts and advise on the tons of subjects with dreading- it's truely been helpful and I'm extremly thankful! I'll post updated photos if anyone cares lol as my journey progresses, but once again THANK YOU! Photobucket
updated by @shawna: 01/13/15 08:46:20PM
❂•Paula•❂
@opaulao
14 years ago
751 posts
Welcome to the site dear :)I am very happy that it was able to save you and give u enough info on having awesome kick ass dreadlocks :D
tatyananashi
@tatyananashi
14 years ago
145 posts
They look great! Like you I am glad I found this community, so many answers and support here. And I'm glad you didn't spend any money on having them done or on stuff to put in them. Great research based decision making! :D
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
you look amazing congratsand for sure glad we saved u all that money...and all the heartbreak that woulda come when u had to start over

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form