Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

PLEASE!!! somebody help me!

Mogwie
@mogwie
14 years ago
4 posts
HELP!!! Oh God, i dont know whats happening! I've not been on the site for quite a while, but had nowhere else to turn.My dreads are breaking!One at the very back was hanging on by a few hairs and disappeared this morning. And one ontop of my head is on its way out. I put an elastic band around the bottom of this dready and when i cut it out i must have caught some of the hair. I don't want to loose it because its right ontop and directly in the middle, and i love it. I need a way of saving my hair!HEEELLLLPPPP!!!!!!
updated by @mogwie: 01/13/15 08:46:14PM
Pranee RN
@pranee-rn
14 years ago
23 posts
I am not sure there is anything that can be done, maybe try to sew it together and then have a bead cover the stitches? I am so sorry to hear about your dread coming out. Also sorry no one has posted a reply, you are not alone my dear! Sending love your way!
NaturalWomyn
@naturalwomyn
14 years ago
849 posts
You could try wrapping the weak part with hemp and maybe that will help keep it together for now and possibly even re attach itself over time if you overlap the damaged parts? I have no idea if that will even work but let us know how it goes with whatever you decide. How old are your dreads that they are breaking? I'm sorry that you're going through this I hope you can save it. Many Blessings
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
do not sew then tbhat will only do more dammage and thye problem was not caused by lock peppa (althi that was a mistake too) it was caused by the elastic bandsu never want elastic bands in dreadsand to fix this just congo them\wrap 2 together, or bead em togethergently twist 2 together along with as much loose hair as i can and wrap hemp round emjust never ever put elastic bands in em..

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
NaturalWomyn
@naturalwomyn
14 years ago
849 posts
I'm not sure about mold. You could try just criss crossing the hemp around the hair you want to stay together. Make sure you replace the hemp every month or two or it could get buried in the dread and become very hard to remove. Jade said:
Will putting hemp in your hair for a long period of time make it mold?
Island Mamma
@island-mamma
14 years ago
530 posts
Careful tying your dread too, I wrapped a few in colorful thread this summer for fun and oh boy it WAS NOT fun trying to get it out. I snipped off almost a whole dread by accident trying to gently slice the thread off that had hair dreading over it....not cool....I would take SE's advice about congoing with a neighbor dread and a bead
NaturalWomyn
@naturalwomyn
14 years ago
849 posts
yep the super tight wraps are more hassle than there worth IMO! If you just take 2 strands of hemp and make an X pattern on each side, not too tight, it comes out very easy. Island Mamma said:
Careful tying your dread too, I wrapped a few in colorful thread this summer for fun and oh boy it WAS NOT fun trying to get it out. I snipped off almost a whole dread by accident trying to gently slice the thread off that had hair dreading over it....not cool....I would take SE's advice about congoing with a neighbor dread and a bead
Pranee RN
@pranee-rn
14 years ago
23 posts
my bad for suggesting sewing, I should know better! Just trying to help! Glad that the gladiators of dreading stepped in to correct it! lol! Love you guys!!! and hope it helps Mogwie!
❂•Paula•❂
@opaulao
14 years ago
751 posts
I would have suggested sewing too but I guess not LOL!! Pranee said:
my bad for suggesting sewing, I should know better! Just trying to help! Glad that the gladiators of dreading stepped in to correct it! lol! Love you guys!!! and hope it helps Mogwie!
Mogwie
@mogwie
14 years ago
4 posts
Thankyou everybody for your help!I've seen and heard so much love! =)But the problem may have been solved, i tied in alot of loose hair onto the weak part with a latch hook or rug pull. see pic... http://www.magicladycrafts.co.uk/index.asp?function=PRODUCTIMAGEWIN... Now i'm goin to wrap it up with some wool, temporly though.Too answe some more questions, i did it by cutting out an elastic band and accidently cutting the dread.I have used wax once and hated it. But started them off with pepper.My whole head has been just like the rest of my life.ONE MASSIVE EXPERIMENT! xxagain, thanxs guys! xx
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form