Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Swimming with young dreads?

Ben Carroll
@ben-carroll
15 years ago
12 posts
How long should I wait until I am able to go swimming (In the sea) after I finished my dreads, they are only about 1-2 weeks old.
updated by @ben-carroll: 01/13/15 08:26:08PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
15 years ago
29,639 posts
the sea is amazing for dreadsbutyou didnt "finnish" your dreadsyou backcombedbackcombi8ng is less a part of the dreading process then swimming in the ocean isdreads became popular among caucasians through surfers who got tired of thrying to undread theyre hair after spending time in the oceanif you skipped the backcombing and only swam in the ocean youd be pretty dready pretty quicklybut to say you finnished yoir dreads by backcombing will only lead to disapointment when the backcomb falls apart long before the dreads dreaddreads are never truly finnished .. they are ever changing, but they reach maturity in about 2 yearsat 2 weeks they cant be concidered dreads even, maybe in 2 months ..or 4..but they wont be dreads till nature is alowed to take its courseswimming in the ocean helps a ton

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Iain
@iain
15 years ago
844 posts
yeah, the sea/beach is one of the best things you can do for your dreads,so don't worry about going in there.
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
15 years ago
29,639 posts
if u used wax tho id recomend doing a severe wax removal first so u dont get all that fishy smell trapped in the wax...eweww

--
Antony
@antony
15 years ago
80 posts
Aw, before I had to re-do my dreads by getting it braided, I went to the beach like 4 times and i avoided the ocean bc I was afraid it would unravel. :(This is one of those moments where you go "NOOOOO!!! I could have done that."I'll try it next year, then.
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
15 years ago
29,639 posts
if you did nothing but swim in the ocean or go hike through the woods awhile youd have dreads without effort

--
Ben Carroll
@ben-carroll
15 years ago
12 posts
It's the rumours the scamming companies send out, I truly beleived that caucasion hair would not dread by itself and that I would have to get it started. soaringeagle said:
if you did nothing but swim in the ocean or go hike through the woods awhile youd have dreads without effort
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
15 years ago
29,639 posts
thats how they get yabut all hair dreads by itselfuntill recently all dreads were naturalbackcombing and all thast other crap wasnt around when i started mine

--
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form