Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Just wanted to say Thanks

Dragonfly
@dragonfly
14 years ago
47 posts
My partner has been very off and on about my dread journey. At first he wasn't very supportive, because I think his only experience of dreads were those made with wax and not cleaned property. Well, after a week or so, he said, "I love you, and your hair is a part of you, so I love your hair." How wonderfully supportive! But last night he was looking at my hair and said, "You're going to have to do something about this." He waved his hands around my head in a little exasperated gesture... "It's just crazy all over!"I thought about all I had learned here, all of the experiences you have shared, and how I've consciously made the decision to allow my hair to go its own way, just giving it a little head start with some TnR. I laughed. I laughed and laughed, because I'm just thrilled with my hair and the decisions I've made with it. I told him, "Well, I'm not putting wax in it," and when he made a palm rolling gesture, so I responded that wouldn't do anything to help. "It's just going to be crazy all over for the next year or so, and I like it that way," I finished.So I just wanted to say thank you to everyone who shared their knowledge and personal experiences with me. A younger me maybe would have been more self conscious after hearing my partner's words, I may have second-guessed myself. But thanks to your support and wisdom, I know I'm doing the right thing, and I'm enjoying it immensely!
updated by @dragonfly: 01/13/15 08:46:05PM
Panterra Caraway
@panterra-caraway
14 years ago
667 posts
That is so nice to hear! And it feels good, doesn't it? I send you love and good energy for your continued blessings.
tatyananashi
@tatyananashi
14 years ago
145 posts
I have the same situation! My partner is the same way, and always saying how he doesn't like how they look, but "if I'm ok with it he's ok with it." He likes the texture so I just say "close your eyes and feel this bumpy one. Now feel this one. Cool huh?" and I just do my own thing. He also was misguided about dreads, but he is learning. And this site has helped a lot with enjoying the dread journey and not worrying about their progress, knowing that it's all good and all worth it in the end. :)
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
just tell him you fix your hair your way andd leave mine alonedo i tell u to dread yours cause u look silly with short combed hair?i let u do what u want so let me do what i want toosilly boysya both are gorgouse and they should be counting theyre blessings not complaining

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
tatyananashi
@tatyananashi
14 years ago
145 posts
LOL he does like them when I make him see the light. I make fun of him a lot because he is a lot like me except for his concern for what people think about the way he looks. I joke that he's still going through his teenage girl phase. My disregard of other people's concern about how I look is one of the reasons he liked me in the first place.He does work in the medical field and he worries that he'll wont be respected at work if he grows a seasonal beard or lets his hair get longer than a centimeter. The doctors he works with are kind of prissy and shallow, but I think his paranoia is a bit too high about his workplace appearance. soaringeagle said:
just tell him you fix your hair your way andd leave mine alone
do i tell u to dread yours cause u look silly with short combed hair?
i let u do what u want so let me do what i want too

silly boys
ya both are gorgouse and they should be counting theyre blessings not complaining
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form