Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums
NaturalWomyn
@naturalwomyn
14 years ago
849 posts
Welcome! what type of hair do you have?? Pics would be great. You're safest bet would really be to just leave it alone and allow it to lock itself up. That may take a bit longer because of the crocheting.
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
dont crochetsalons were a bad idea u should have gone natural and just let it dreadand with the roots thats what u should do..let em dread

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
i would recomend seperating unless u want totakl freeform like hummingbird love gorrillas wildness hes got goin onif u dont seperate they will eaT EAChOThER AND BECOME hUGE

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Angelina Aurelia*~*
@angelina-aurelia
14 years ago
42 posts
go all natural man wash with baking soda shampoo or dr.b shampoo every 3-4 days. thats all you need to have beautiful dreads. listen to SE, he really knows it all! :)
Earth Rose
@earth-rose
14 years ago
38 posts
Usually new growth wont dread right away because it's baby hair, so fine and soft, as soon as it gets a little less soft it'll dread nicer.I prefer the bar it get so much soapier and still rinses so clean! Liquid DB you need to dilute, or it'll irritate your skin. DeMarco Ryans said:
I had the liquid castile soap the citron one, but now I have the tea tree castille soap bar. Is there any benefit from using one rather than the other if you have any experience with liquid and bar. I've been hesitant to use the bar as I wasn't sure if it would leave build up/get rid of build up as well as the liquid soap. I cycle 7 miles minimum each day so heavy sweat is a daily occurrence for me.

thank you for the tips

Angelina Aurelia*~* said:
go all natural man wash with baking soda shampoo or dr.b shampoo every 3-4 days. thats all you need to have beautiful dreads. listen to SE, he really knows it all! :)
NaturalWomyn
@naturalwomyn
14 years ago
849 posts
WOW! You have amazing hair! It will be fine if you leave it alone from now on. The ends may always have a bit different texture to them due to the crochet but I'm sure with your hair you will have some bad ass dreads in no time! You can always cut the tips in a few years if you're not happy with them :o) Many Blessings
updated by @naturalwomyn: 07/09/15 10:01:57AM
Jackal
@jackal
14 years ago
132 posts
well, the good thing is that in the long run, the crochet'd parts of your dreads are of minimal concern, as they only seem an inch long or so. in a few years they'll have unravelled and relocked (unless afro textured hair just stays like that). mainly because theyre the tips, and they usually take the most abuse from rubbing against everything. Hell, if it still looks wonky after a few years of growth, you can tourniquet the dreads and clip off the tip if you like. i know a dude that did that with his, just cut off his backcombed section and kept the natural section. but thats an idea for another time.Anyway, as for the new growth, in most hair new growth doesnt start dreading until 3/4-1inch away from the scalp... the hair has to have room to move around, fold in on itself, and form loops and knots. Dreads done in a salon are usually done all the way down to the scalp, leaving zero room for any movement. Just stick with it another month or 2, and you'll see your dreads happening. i dont think theres a way that your hair cant dread, held together at the tips and really textured hair. just post pics on a monthly basis and you'll really see it happening before you know it!
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form