Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

12 Months Later

Albert
@albert
14 years ago
25 posts
Ok so I've gone a little over a year letting my hair grow put and going the natural route. After about 5 months all the progress I had made stopped. I'm not sure his to explain this but my hair gets to a point where it kind of resembles baby dreads but after I wash them it's like I go back to square one. I wash my hair every third to fourth day with diluted dr bronner's peppermint liquid soap. I thought this would be a much smoother journey since I have fairly curly hair. My hair is now a little over eight inches in length and I was just wondering if the washing thing is normal. I'll try to add pictures asap if that will help.
updated by @albert: 01/13/15 08:45:50PM
NaturalWomyn
@naturalwomyn
14 years ago
849 posts
you should really try washing with the baking soda wash recipe. Don't use the acv rinse though it's too conditioning. I bet that would help. You could also try a sea salt spray and a wool sweater on your pillow at night.
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
pics will helpits surprising does bronners leave u oily or feelin sticky?if so its your waterhahe u tried baking soda acv as a comparrison?

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Albert
@albert
14 years ago
25 posts
Yea I want to try the sea salt spray but I I've to go get some non iodized salt first. Nice dreads btw!

NaturalWomyn said:
you should really try washing with the baking soda wash recipe. Don't use the acv rinse though it's too conditioning. I bet that would help. You could also try a sea salt spray and a wool sweater on your pillow at night.
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
any store will ave sea salt

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Albert
@albert
14 years ago
25 posts
Nah it leaves my hair pretty dry, but if I scratch my head it does leave some sort of white residue. I just figured that's normal lol, maybe not? At this point I'm willing to give the baking soda a try, no harm in it after all. I'll try to get some pics up hopefully it will explain if I do have a problem or maybe it's just very very very slow progress.

soaringeagle said:
pics will help its surprising does bronners leave u oily or feelin sticky?if so its your waterhahe u tried baking soda acv as a comparrison?
Albert
@albert
14 years ago
25 posts
I know it's just that I haven't had time to get some with school and whatnot

soaringeagle said:
any store will ave sea salt
NaturalWomyn
@naturalwomyn
14 years ago
849 posts
Thanks man! :o)

Yep the sea salt is right next to the iodized in the super market. They have it at a lot of discount stores around here too. Albert said:

Yea I want to try the sea salt spray but I I've to go get some non iodized salt first. Nice dreads btw!

NaturalWomyn said:
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form