Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Dreads falling apart?

Ben Carroll
@ben-carroll
15 years ago
12 posts
Hi, I've had my dreads for about 2 weeks now, the roots are fairly knotted and the tips look like they are already mature, however, between the roots and the tips is not knotted, at all, its just loose hair.Is there anyway I can knot up the "in-between hair" while not disturbing the nearly mature tips?Thanks
updated by @ben-carroll: 02/14/15 12:18:12PM
Ben Carroll
@ben-carroll
15 years ago
12 posts
Jess Gergely said:
i somewhat have the same problem you're having. except, the hair that's not dreaded in between on my dreads are loops. the only way i can get rid of those is by palm rolling them. do you have a picture?
Hahahahaha, I just tried palm rolling with Dreadheads Lock Peppa and it's knotting up really well already
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
15 years ago
29,640 posts
screw lock peppa thats just dirtonly way for dreads to form is to give em timne... 2 weeks isnt eniough time to dreadbe patient

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Spider Feet
@spider-feet
15 years ago
458 posts
Dirt with a urine byproduct. XD XDDon't remember the chemical name but it's used in chemical relaxers...aka it destroys your hair. SE looked it up and mentioned it's also a metabolite in human piss. Knotty boy's alternative is better but still just stuff you can get really cheap or free.but if it works for you. =D soaringeagle said:
screw lock peppa thats just dirt

only way for dreads to form is to give em timne... 2 weeks isnt eniough time to dread

be patient
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
15 years ago
29,640 posts
both knottyboy and dreadheadhq are scummy scammers but at least knottyboy puts some effort into theyre products and some may actualy help instead of only hurtthe lock peppa is grit and dirt it will apear to help knots..till u wash and it all comes out and the knots with itunlerss u used wax too then u got dirt and piss stuck in there foreverplease tell me you didnt use wax..if u did wax prevents dreads froom dreading.. remove the waxand they will dread fine on theyre own

--
Ben Carroll
@ben-carroll
15 years ago
12 posts
So if I just leave it will it knot up by itself?
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
15 years ago
29,640 posts
well look at my pics..i did nothing to dresad mine untill a few years back all dreads were bornn naturaly with no effortso the answer is always yes if u leave em alone they will dreadunless theyre caked in wax then u should get all the wax out and they will dread then Ben Carroll said:
So if I just leave it will it knot up by itself?

--
Angel of Jah
@angel-of-jah
15 years ago
1 posts
Greetings, I use a crochet hook,,,,just wrap and pull through the loose ends, keeps the locks tight and neat, just one from the knitting store,,nothing fancy,,i do not use any waxes or creams just plan simple wash and knit in,,,pratice makes perfect, trial and error,,give it a try and let I know how hyou get on. Joy and Happiness
Iain
@iain
15 years ago
844 posts
hmm, I am curious now tho, Are you saying that all the way from your roots to the tips is just all loose hair with slightly dreaded hair at the end, or is it Dreaded root--> Loose hair --> then dreaded tip?
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
15 years ago
29,640 posts
he saisd theyre 2 weeks oldtheyre not dreads yetthe fact that the "tips look fairly mature" worries me more then any looseness in the middlewhy do the tips look mature? are they coated in wax? were they rubbed to death?i think thatds more a problem then the loosenessbut pics would help

--
 / 2

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form