Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

2 week mark

Mia Elizabeth
@mia-elizabeth
14 years ago
45 posts
Hey Yall! Loving the journey. Mine are doing this giant knotting together at the topback of my head. i cant see the roots but i can feel that each of about 5 baby dreads are coming out from this giant knot ball thing....LOL
updated by @mia-elizabeth: 01/13/15 08:45:30PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
seperate seperate seperateif u need to use lil olive oil on the roots where they need to be pulled apartand seperating when wet is easier too

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Mia Elizabeth
@mia-elizabeth
14 years ago
45 posts
thankss SE. I have been trying. My arms keep getting tired and i dont really know if im seperating cause I can't see back there. i need some help! :)
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
if u cant pull apart then u can trey wiggling a finger under just a few connecting hairs at a time and pull upumm how thick is the section at the roots i mean if its 5 real thin dreads combined the resulting thick dread wont be too huge i have at least 5 or 8 that are 6 dreads combined but still only an inch Mia Elizabeth said:
thankss SE. I have been trying. My arms keep getting tired and i dont really know if im seperating cause I can't see back there. i need some help! :)

--
Mia Elizabeth
@mia-elizabeth
14 years ago
45 posts
they are thin and not really dreads yet just babiess
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
ok so how thicks this big ball at the roots? if its an inch or less might as well just let it be 1 dread and just be careful to seperate more around it

--
Renee
@renee
14 years ago
22 posts
Hi Mia! I have the same phenomenon :-) Just keep at it....I am having faith that as my baby locks mature, they will learn to play better with others, even if just a little.
Shuaib ahmed
@shuaib-ahmed
14 years ago
154 posts
dont force the dreads to come apart, sometimes you just have to pull out a few hairs at a time and then you can twist and rip them again Mia Elizabeth said:
Mia Elizabeth
@mia-elizabeth
14 years ago
45 posts
@renee- yeah its so weird i think its where i sleep on it and the hair is being rubbed together@Shuaib- I am doing just that without the tnr :) Shuaib ahmed said:
dont force the dreads to come apart, sometimes you just have to pull out a few hairs at a time and then you can twist and rip them again

Mia Elizabeth said:
Mia Elizabeth
@mia-elizabeth
13 years ago
45 posts
Update- My sister ended up helping me. But boy were my dread babies not playing nice with each other! Lol i KNEW it was going to be easy to dread for my hair because every since I was a little kid my hair would always begin to dread if I stopped brushing (or ran away from my mom when she wanted to brush it). I feel like ever since I was a child I was meant to be dreaded. SE's words of advice are so important- SEPARATE, SEPARATE SEPARATE!
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form