Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

is it bad

Julie Ellis
@julie-ellis
14 years ago
76 posts
i am starting tonight..i washed my hair with the shampoo i have. and need to buy baking soda and maybe some oils...but for now is it bad that i am using regular shampoo. i didn't brush or put my fingers through it..its a bit tangly...but should i not use that shampoo?
updated by @julie-ellis: 02/14/15 09:45:53AM
Julie Ellis
@julie-ellis
14 years ago
76 posts
coolio..i don't believe it has conditioner..my hair is naturally silky though..idk if thats a problem. but im just gonna keep on keepin on with it then
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
what shmpoo is itu can use alot of stuff thats not idealsome will be very bad some not so bad some ok but not recomended and then theres the few that are really really goodif u tell us which "normal shampoo" we can guess at how bad or not it isbut your average shampoos are specificly formulated to prevent tangles or give body or make shiny silky etc Julie Ellis said:
coolio..i don't believe it has conditioner..my hair is naturally silky though..idk if thats a problem. but im just gonna keep on keepin on with it then

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Julie Ellis
@julie-ellis
14 years ago
76 posts
okay so it is...equate pro vitamin shampoo. description is clean shine gives glamour and shine to dull hair. ope. says on the back it is designed to leave hair conditioned and shiny...im guessing this isn't exactly what im supposed to be using..is there a type of regular shampoo i can use..or do i have to use stuff that is made for dreads
msfunkadelic
@msfunkadelic
14 years ago
31 posts
I started using the neutrogena anti residue shampoo, found it a walgreens. Julie Ellis said:
okay so it is...equate pro vitamin shampoo. description is clean shine gives glamour and shine to dull hair. ope. says on the back it is designed to leave hair conditioned and shiny...im guessing this isn't exactly what im supposed to be using..is there a type of regular shampoo i can use..or do i have to use stuff that is made for dreads
Julie Ellis
@julie-ellis
14 years ago
76 posts
haven't tried anything really. i have a walgreens in walking distance ill check it out tomorrow after lunch or somethin. thanks for all the info :)
NaturalWomyn
@naturalwomyn
14 years ago
849 posts
yea unfortunately most commercial shampoos do contain conditioners of some sort even if it doesn't say so on the bottle. You'll want to stay away from them in the early stages. Get some baking soda the oils are not required just something extra people like to throw in for various reasons-dandruff, scent etc... Julie Ellis said:
Julie Ellis
@julie-ellis
14 years ago
76 posts
okay so i postponed my dreads cuz i wanted to dye my hair before i did, i didn't really like the blonde at the bottom. i went to walgreens and asked if they had residue free shampoo...and they did..but now were out. so next time i stop at the grocery store im just gonna get baking soda. wish me luck
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
umm be careful asking that question they might think u mean anti residue like a clarifying..or have absolutely no idea what u meanid use the baking soida and order the maylees bar from here that way u know what your getting Julie Ellis said:
okay so i postponed my dreads cuz i wanted to dye my hair before i did, i didn't really like the blonde at the bottom. i went to walgreens and asked if they had residue free shampoo...and they did..but now were out. so next time i stop at the grocery store im just gonna get baking soda. wish me luck

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Mikey Mikez
@mikey-mikez
14 years ago
90 posts
if its a normal 'shampoo' our hair woudnt dread... it puts a lot of chemical shit in your hair which prevents dreading...i used t have a long hair without brushing and never got dreads, just because of shampoo...wash it properly, with soap or anything but shampoo..
 / 2

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form