Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Help please...

RBN
@rbn
15 years ago
50 posts
I only have 31 dreadlocks and have had them for under a month.is 31 dreads not many? how many dreads do you have and how thick are they?will my dreads get much thicker because i dont want thm thick i like them how they are now?
updated by @rbn: 02/14/15 02:14:16AM
Spider Feet
@spider-feet
15 years ago
458 posts
I counted up to around 80 before I lost count. Mine are pretty thin though. Yeah they will get a little thicker over time. Just think back to the hair that you used to find in your hairbrush or on your shoulders, on your pillow. That hair stays in the dreads. I don't think 31 is too few.
Lost
@lost
15 years ago
22 posts
yhea your doin fine i would think, im just into month 2 an i only have like12, im going natraul with encouregment, how did you start your locks, an have you seen any break off?
Spider Feet
@spider-feet
15 years ago
458 posts
You are going to have some awesome fattys. =DAny possible way to put dates on your pics as you put new ones up? Even if it's just in which month. I love to see timelines. You have the perfect hairstyle for natural dreads imho, I think it's great when it's in that in between phase where you will have a bunch of perfect ringlets and a few scattered dreads.I have naturally curly hair that is similar to your texture, a little less curly. I fried my hair with bleach and chemical relaxer though. If I start over I'll go natural again without the fried hair but that will only happen if I have the absolute necessity to cut my hair. Lost said:
yhea your doin fine i would think, im just into month 2 an i only have like12, im going natraul with encouregment, how did you start your locks, an have you seen any break off?
RBN
@rbn
15 years ago
50 posts
i had them backcombed after sectioning. none of my dreads have broken off so far...could that happen? Lost said:
RBN
@rbn
15 years ago
50 posts
thank you :) yeah get a picture if you can :) Jess Gergely said:
i think your dreads look really good. i have about 72, i believe. somewhere in the low 70s. your dreads won't get REALLY thick, they will plump out a bit. if i can, i'll try to get a picture of mine how they are now. my roots are a lot bigger than my tips are. i don't think palm rolling really has anything to do with that, because i palm roll as close to the root as i can get, & usually it's my entire dread that gets the treatment.

puppy makes a really good point about the hair that stays in dreads.
Didjeridurian
@didjeridurian
15 years ago
292 posts
I only have like 24 lol. I think it looks fine though and I tend to prefer them a bit on the fatter side. I started them with approx 1 inch squares and backcombed. I figure that they will fill themselves out. If I dont try to capture all the loose hairs I am sure I will get new babies coming in eventually. I'll post some pics soon and you guys can judge for yourselves how such a small number looks. Maybe it can end up being a good example of how NOT to go lol.
Kath
@kath
15 years ago
73 posts
i started with 74 - i now have 65 and that is with the same set. From what i hear it is normal for the number of dreads to vary. But I wanted thinner dreads so that is why i have a larger number. but some people have well over 100 and some people only have 28 - it is all personal preference.
Chevelle Trant
@chevelle-trant
15 years ago
33 posts
I have 20. they're pretty thick though,, they'll thicken a bit over time, but not too much. 31 is pretty good,, they're probably around an inch and a half thick??? Mine were done naturally and tightened and shrank before they started getting thick again,, how were yours done?
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
15 years ago
29,640 posts
size dont matterbut dreads earl;y on will thicken to around the size of the root sectionsdreads can break from over maintaining from crochetting from extreme dryness or when long and old wear and tear usualy just the ends fall off once u reach a terminal lengthshort dreads breaking is a sign of abuse ..excessibve bacxkcombing or crochetting ..palm rolling or twisting can cause severe weakness..

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
 / 3

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form