Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

should i get dreads?

Julie Ellis
@julie-ellis
14 years ago
76 posts
i've really been considering it. im 17, and figure if anything do it while im young. i believe i can pull it off, and would like to. im usually busy, and don't like to stop and brush my hair all the time. i love my hair, but i want to do something bold, and have a fun style.think i have the face for em?
updated by @julie-ellis: 02/14/15 07:50:44AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
everybody looks good with dreads but not everyone thinks dreads look good looks should be the last thing to conciderif you want to dread then dread by all meansif you dont want to have to mess with em all the time then grow dreads naturaly

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Julie Ellis
@julie-ellis
14 years ago
76 posts
well cool, im gonna get a friend to do them for me.but a few questions i do have, do they weigh down your head? im prone to headaches and don't think that would help, but im willing to make sacrifices. do they all stink? my family keeps telling me so. is it worth it? can i find residue free shampoo at somewhere like walmart?
Julie Ellis
@julie-ellis
14 years ago
76 posts
thanks for the feedback, im gonna try it out :)
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
how are u gonna have your friend do em? they might stink if they use wax make sure u ask what thety are gonna do to u and ask us 1st cause there are definitely bad ways to do itno they dont stink unless u dont wash emu can wash with baking soda and theyre super cleanu might be able to get dr bronners at a walmart i dunno but u can get baking soda anywhere and u can get the amazing maylees bar right on our site in the dread shops link

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Julie Ellis
@julie-ellis
14 years ago
76 posts
so basically i get baking soda, or no residue shampoo, shower, get out, and don't touch my hair.repeat every 2 or 3 days??
NaturalWomyn
@naturalwomyn
14 years ago
849 posts
Read the faq that has the answers to all you questions. You will need to separate the sections when they try to join together. Also make sure you prepare yourself for people's reactions. It shouldn't be about how you'll look with them because you're gonna have a lot of bad hair days along the way. So think about it before you just jump right in.
meg ☮
@meg
14 years ago
92 posts
i'm a firm believer that every single person looks amazing with dreads, and i've yet to see someone where their dreads dont suit them :)
Serenity North
@serenity-north
14 years ago
14 posts
i agree that n e one and everyone looks good with dreads .but remember dreads are a lifestyle change "normal " people will look at u differently .if its what YOU want gofor it!!! dont think about the bad hair days and frizzies .think about the awesome head of locks u have.(may have).its a journy
GoldenEagle
@goldeneagle
14 years ago
393 posts
For a lot of people having dreadlocks becomes a journey.If you aren't willing to be patient with yourself and others around you. Do not allow your hair to form into dreadlocks.If you are willing to be patient with yourself and others around you. Go for it.
 / 3

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form