Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

A question on congos..

Jackal
@jackal
14 years ago
132 posts
so i deal with a lot of congos, sometimes i go for 5 days or so without ripping, but usually i stay on top of it and do it every other night or so. just whenever i remember. so theres sometimes a lot of hairs to rip. Anyway, i was wondering, is it nessicary to rip every hair connecting dreads? a lot of times theres a few close to the scalp connects and its pretty painful to split sometimes (have to hook fingers under them and snap). I have noticed sometimes when i pull on loose hairs like that the dread will shorten up around the hair and go wavy until i pull the dread back down and extend it back down the hair. is that a bad sign? should i be messing with those hairs? By a lot of congos i mean, if i lift one up 3 or 4 more come with it lol.Usually, i just grab 2 dreads and pull them apart until i stop hearing a ripping noise.
updated by @jackal: 01/13/15 08:45:14PM
Pranee RN
@pranee-rn
14 years ago
23 posts
sounds similar to what I have going on. Just try to be more gentle on your scalp. some times when you got the little hairs in the middle try grabbing less in order to seperate them, pull till the attached dread shortens and then pull the dread until it releases the hair. I think this is the only time I grab some aloe vera gel and palm roll the loose hair to the dread in which it belongs. This is the only time I palm roll though and I generally do it once a week. but pull aparts are whenever I remember, like once a day or so. Good luck!
❂•Paula•❂
@opaulao
14 years ago
751 posts
I only had to do that in the beginning, the hairs connected at the scalp, now I have a lot less congos..So I would think that you don't have to separate every single hair, but if you do it will make them congo less often ....I think :D
Jackal
@jackal
14 years ago
132 posts
yah thats the only time i ever roll mine anymore these days. back in my first month-month and a half i would have a habbit of rolling aaaaaaaaalll the time. kept them cylindrical but i found they would get oily from my hands constantly mashing up against them so i just let them go freeform lol. I think i remember seeing SE in a post about congos saying you should rip completely down to the scalp but im not sure where i saw him say that so i cant quote him on that Pranee said:
sounds similar to what I have going on. Just try to be more gentle on your scalp. some times when you got the little hairs in the middle try grabbing less in order to seperate them, pull till the attached dread shortens and then pull the dread until it releases the hair. I think this is the only time I grab some aloe vera gel and palm roll the loose hair to the dread in which it belongs. This is the only time I palm roll though and I generally do it once a week. but pull aparts are whenever I remember, like once a day or so. Good luck!
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
well it wil make em grow together and u might get a huge unidread bobbi blaine said:
i never rip the hair connecting them at the base... i hope that isn't bad : /

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form