Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

3 week old dreads, need help with wash!!!

Michelle Nicole
@michelle-nicole
14 years ago
7 posts
ok i have not washed them yet or gotten my dreads really wet at all, my scalp is itchy and its time i wash them! im feeling a lil grossed out now, the lady who helped me with my hair told me to not wash them or they will come out so shes got me freaking out, was so fortunate to come across this awesome website today tho! im learning alot..someone please just tell me that IM OK TO GET MY HEAD WET..and what are the measurements for baking soda wash mix... i need fresh air ASAP my scalp..what should i expect after the wash?
updated by @michelle-nicole: 02/14/15 10:13:47AM
❂•Paula•❂
@opaulao
14 years ago
751 posts
man I bet you want to wash ASAP!! :)1tbsp baking soda per cup of water(you may want 2-3 cups)pour on wet hair and soak for 10-15 minutes.Then rinse with water.Then get some vinegar(apple cider vinegar if you have it, if not not vinegar works fine)1tbsp per cup of water.Pour on and leave3-5 minutesthen rinse again.There will be no vinegar smell after so don't worry about that :)
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
1 it was a huuuuuge mistake to go to a pro to get dreads they arll screw u and dont have a clue what theyre doing2 u can and should wash dreads u need to wash for them to dread right!3 u crocheted ..bad bad bad idea but washing will help em recover u neeed threm to loosen up crochet ise extremely damaging and maked dreads way too tight u dont want them that tight so washing will help them loosen up enough to actualy dreadso how much money did u waste?600?

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Michelle Nicole
@michelle-nicole
14 years ago
7 posts
she wasnt a pro or anything, and she did it for free...she backcombed and just crocheted at the roots so that my hair would stay in place instantly... they seem to be holding up well...i didnt waste any money and we spent over 12 hours in one day locking these babies up. soaringeagle said:
1 it was a huuuuuge mistake to go to a pro to get dreads they arll screw u and dont have a clue what theyre doing
2 u can and should wash dreads u need to wash for them to dread right!

3 u crocheted ..bad bad bad idea but washing will help em recover u neeed threm to loosen up crochet ise extremely damaging and maked dreads way too tight u dont want them that tight so washing will help them loosen up enough to actualy dread

so how much money did u waste?
600?
Michelle Nicole
@michelle-nicole
14 years ago
7 posts
ok so before i jump in the shower, its ok to full get my hair wet lol?? im scared!
❂•Paula•❂
@opaulao
14 years ago
751 posts
Yes it is :DIf you crocheted it's not likely, but if they unravel it's ok....It's normal for them to unravel some in the beginning they'll dread up anyway :D Michelle Nicole said:
ok so before i jump in the shower, its ok to full get my hair wet lol?? im scared!
Alicia Burnit
@alicia-burnit
14 years ago
17 posts
I've been washing my hair every two to three days since the first day I backcombed my hair. And accept for maybe two that came partially undone, they haven't come undone at all. Washing helps them lock up better. Scrub a dub.
Michelle Nicole
@michelle-nicole
14 years ago
7 posts
i washed 16 hours ago..my hair is fine, none unraveled just a lil loose... will be twisting alot today
NaturalWomyn
@naturalwomyn
14 years ago
849 posts
Twisting can cause breakage and since they've already been crocheted a bit and backcombed you should probably try to handle them as little as possible to prevent further damage.
❂•Paula•❂
@opaulao
14 years ago
751 posts
That will only be in the beginning...later on when you wash they will tighten :)No need to twist though..just leave them, maybe get a wool tam or a wool sweater to put on your pillow, a salt water spray as a locking accelerator and watch them dread like magic :D Michelle Nicole said:
i washed 16 hours ago..my hair is fine, none unraveled just a lil loose... will be twisting alot today
 / 2

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form