Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

New TnR dreads! And a hello from a newcomer x

Bina Malina
@bina-malina
14 years ago
4 posts
My little newborn dreads are about three days old now but this pic was taken the day I finished them. I had intended to go natural but then read about and watched some TnR vids, got curious and started fiddling about, before I knew it I had done most of my head so I continued. I didn't section carefully but I did make sure the roots weren't crisscrossing and stuff. It's ok not to section though right?Anyway - hope this picture works...

Not sure if the pic has worked!
updated by @bina-malina: 02/14/15 06:23:33AM
Bina Malina
@bina-malina
14 years ago
4 posts
Oh also forgot to add - I'm from England, I think most people here are from the US, so hi from over the pond! x
Shuk Coot
@shuk-coot
14 years ago
17 posts
just perfect =) seems like it would turn out beautiful and the smile is too.
Jack Roth
@jack-roth
14 years ago
298 posts
Hey im from england, where abouts u from ?? :) you look beautifull !! Dreads look like there gonna be gooooooooood. x
Jake Holland
@jake-holland
14 years ago
203 posts
They look great, not sectioning is fine. I think its better to almost feel where the hair wants to section itself and TnR from there. I did that and none of mine came undone and are dreading up nicely. Now just forget you have hair for the most part and enjoy the ride
Lady J
@lady-j
14 years ago
6 posts
This is exactly what I did with mine! Yours are looking great.I'm from England too - Lush do really good shampoo bars that are great for dreads. I emailed them to check they were non-residue & al but 2 are. I just got one called Jumping Juniper which has lemon & rosemary oils in too & have to say it's amazing! My dreads are only 9 days old & already full of knots. The shampoo definitely made them knot a little more & feel a bit coarser.I'll stop on about the shampoo now before I sound like an advert, lol!Where in England are you? I'm in Rotherham, near Sheffield
Jack Roth
@jack-roth
14 years ago
298 posts
if u wanna know, im in essex :D Lady J said:
This is exactly what I did with mine! Yours are looking great.
I'm from England too - Lush do really good shampoo bars that are great for dreads. I emailed them to check they were non-residue & al but 2 are. I just got one called Jumping Juniper which has lemon & rosemary oils in too & have to say it's amazing! My dreads are only 9 days old & already full of knots. The shampoo definitely made them knot a little more & feel a bit coarser.
I'll stop on about the shampoo now before I sound like an advert, lol!
Where in England are you? I'm in Rotherham, near Sheffield
Bina Malina
@bina-malina
14 years ago
4 posts
Thanks for the lovely messages and the compliments guys! I'm in Blackpool, which is very nice and sunny today. There's isn't many dreaded people around here but there is a few - I think it's quite dread friendly though so that's good.I've heard lots about the lush shampoo bars - thanks for the tip lady J I might give that one a try. I love Lush - even just going into the shop and sniffing is an experience!x x x x
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
most ludsh contains sls tho so avoid those only get the ones with no slsyour dreads look great

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Bina Malina
@bina-malina
14 years ago
4 posts
Thanks - what's sls? Maybe I'll stick to BS and ACV wash? That's been going ok, but I do love lovely lush stuff.
 / 2

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form