Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

When to trim

Daveovthedead
@daveovthedead
14 years ago
20 posts
I'm personally sick of questions about maintenance, products and methods so heres a new topic. I apologize if it's a repeat, but I'm interested for some answers. For the record, I am no where near this point yet, but I wanted to know what is too long for you personally. At what point are you gonna say to yourself " Alright, this is jsut getting too unwieldy. I need to cut it down a bit." For me the main reasons I could think of to trim would be A.)washing and drying is just a burden. B.) Is really annoying when you sleep. C.) Your heads jsut too damn heavy!. I could see anything pastthe waist getting really annoying. But we'll see when I get there.
updated by @daveovthedead: 02/14/15 06:23:33AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
150 feetwell no..1000no..65 milesno..how far is saturn?WHEN THEY REACH SATURN THEN I"LL CONCIDER TRIMMING

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
theres never a time to trim when they reach the ground they wear off on theyre own from draggingif they didnt mine would be bout 8 feet now but keep losing 8 inches to a foot or so off the ends from being stepped onhell my beard dreads are to my kneeswouldnt ever trim..btw we are neighbours..u love real close to me

--
Jake Holland
@jake-holland
14 years ago
203 posts
I am probably not going to let mine get past my ass for work reasons but considering my longest is a little past my shoulder, only time will tell.
Jcisazombie
@jcisazombie
14 years ago
40 posts
If I still had my three dreads than probably about the middle of my back was where I probably would have kept them.
Jack Roth
@jack-roth
14 years ago
298 posts
I dont ever plan on cutting my hair and as soon as i can grow a full face beard im gonna have beard dreads!!
Daveovthedead
@daveovthedead
14 years ago
20 posts
yea I personally don't really even having trimming as a thought in my mind. I just don't look forward to them being cumbersome and weighing 30 pounds.Where do you live? Somewhere around philly?
Jack Roth
@jack-roth
14 years ago
298 posts
I just dont think about it, and i dont care how much they weigh FUCK cutting them. To me how long ure dreads are is howw old and wise u are. I have short dreads and im 19 years old, i hope by the time im 50 i will be wiser than i am now and my locks will also be longer :D Dave Sullivan said:
yea I personally don't really even having trimming as a thought in my mind. I just don't look forward to them being cumbersome and weighing 30 pounds.

Where do you live? Somewhere around philly?
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts

those are me 2 years ago

and ofcourse jah levitheres no such thing as too longand im in norristown.. Dave Sullivan said:
yea I personally don't really even having trimming as a thought in my mind. I just don't look forward to them being cumbersome and weighing 30 pounds.

Where do you live? Somewhere around philly?

--

updated by @soaring-eagle: 02/05/15 10:12:49AM
❂•Paula•❂
@opaulao
14 years ago
751 posts
I agree :)Do you know how old those are SE?? bobbi blaine said:
it's awesome that you can see when he started going grey... his dreads are a timeline

soaringeagle said:

and ofcourse jah levi

/ 2

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form