Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

I'm thinking about dreading my hair!

Looey Woods
@looey-woods
14 years ago
3 posts
Okay I've been thinkin about dreadin my hair for awhile now and I need some advise. My hair grows really fast and is pretty thick and fro's once it gets long enough. Any ideas?
updated by @looey-woods: 01/13/15 08:45:00PM
Jake Holland
@jake-holland
14 years ago
203 posts
Sounds like your a good candidate for doing it the natural way. If by ideas your talking about ways to start.
Alden
@alden
14 years ago
303 posts
Yeah, I'd go natural or Twist and Rip. Don't do twists like they like to do in salons to people with your hair type, the twists are generally too tight and cause a lot of damage to the roots, it can even result in loosing a few dreads because the roots have broken from being pulled and twisted so tightly.You've got great hair for dreads! And it looks like it's just long enough to start dreading now. So good luck man, I'm looking forward to seeing your dreads once they start to develop.And keep asking questions, it's what we're here for.
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
totaly naturals the way to go

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Looey Woods
@looey-woods
14 years ago
3 posts
That's the way I wanna go. Thats exactly what I mean. But do I just let it grow out from where its at and it should dread or what? This thing is new to me brother
Looey Woods
@looey-woods
14 years ago
3 posts
Thank you for the advise! Well so how do I start out? I'm a lil confused with the washing and stuff
NaturalWomyn
@naturalwomyn
14 years ago
849 posts
if you go natural just stop combing and conditioning and find a residue free shampoo that works for you! If you have afro textured hair Do NOT twist and rip. It's meant for caucasian type hair. It will do more damage than good. Natural would be great for you and if that's what you choose just make sure once the knots start forming you rip apart the sections so it doesn't become one big dread. It will most likely section itself pretty well and then just pull apart the roots when they try to join together. Many Blessings Looey Woods said:
Thank you for the advise! Well so how do I start out? I'm a lil confused with the washing and stuff
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form