Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Girl Dreads help

windy?!
@windy
14 years ago
40 posts
ok so my frend(girl) [not GF :l sadly lol]umm yah she want 2 get dreads but like only 2 on the bottom half of her hair like 2 resting on her shoulders but wants 2 keep the rest the same?what shud i tell her any tips (since i have my whole dome i use baking soda but she only want those 2?HELP PLEASE THANKS :]]oh she wants me 2 do'em for her :/
updated by @windy: 01/13/15 08:44:57PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
twist n rip the 2 add a bead maybe and just tell her not to condition for at least 8 months o a year (unless she just uses the acv) she can use the bs/acv its great on straight hair too

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
celestine✿۞
@celestine
14 years ago
80 posts
hey there..for now , i only have a sinlge dread ad started it the way se suggested above..i did some twist and rip and then added a bead..when i wash my hair i just keep the dread on the side, so that it want get conditioned by the shampoo..check my pictures to see how it looked in the first day, month and how it looks today;)
windy?!
@windy
14 years ago
40 posts
thanks for the help ;]would it be ok 2 wash it tho? like with the same shampoo but avoid conditioner on them?
celestine✿۞
@celestine
14 years ago
80 posts
well , i would suggest to avoid it..cause shampoo itself contains some conditioning ingredients.with my hair, that means less knotting, to none..but i guess she could try and see if it works for her..it's not that i dont wash it, i just prefer green soap to shampoo..and it's a pleasure to help dear:) windy?! said:
thanks for the help ;]
would it be ok 2 wash it tho? like with the same shampoo but avoid conditioner on them?
❂•Paula•❂
@opaulao
14 years ago
751 posts
She can wash with the Baking Soda and acv. I have a bit of hair(not enough and too long to be considered bangs) that isn't dreaded because it's too short and will stick straight out, I used to wash with regular shampoo cus I though the BS/ACV would leave it greasy and my thin hair looks really nasty dirty when it is. Then I ran out of shampoo so I had to just use the soaks, and it worked just as well, actually, even better than shampoo, my hair was soft and light and stays clean a lot longer.Tell her that it will keep her two dreads clean and dreading, and the rest of her hair will be clean and shiny and harsh chemical/detergent freeIf you google "baking soda no-poo" you'll find a ton of people with regular hair who use the baking soda and ACV
windy?!
@windy
14 years ago
40 posts
but like if thers no way i can convince her they wud still dread if she used shampoo it wud just take longer right?
❂•Paula•❂
@opaulao
14 years ago
751 posts
You want to convince her to keep using shampoo? lol...idk ..sure it would still dread..but it really is a lot healthier for all her hair to use the BS/ACV windy?! said:
but like if thers no way i can convince her they wud still dread if she used shampoo it wud just take longer right?
windy?!
@windy
14 years ago
40 posts
haha no i ment like i cant convince her 2 use baking S will it still dread?so it wud but it wud just take longer? Paula said:
You want to convince her to keep using shampoo? lol...idk ..sure it would still dread..but it really is a lot healthier for all her hair to use the BS/ACV

windy?! said:
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form