Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

dreadlock hair teas

Kath
@kath
15 years ago
73 posts
Hair Teas are very simple to make. First lets have a look at what herbs assist with certain conditions:Thyme: Good for oily hair and dandruffRosemary: stimulates circulation, solves scalp problems, good for dandruff.Rosehip: emollient, good for damaged hairSage: Strengthens the hair, has astringent and antibacterial propertiesChamomile: brightens and highlights, provides a sheenHorsetail: Stimulates growth, helps reduce dandruffNettle: retards baldness, antiseptic, good for dandruff.INGREDIENTS:1/2 cup dried herb (from list above)4 cups waterDIRECTIONS:Preheat your pot. Pour this water away. Turn on the tap to cold water and let it run a few seconds. This ensures the water is fully aerated (water sitting in the pipes loses oxygen) and quite cold.Boil the two ingredients for 5 minutes. Remove from heat and let the tea brew three to five minutes. Longer will be stronger.Strain using a cheesecloth and let cool. Apply the solution to recently washed dreadlocks.Make sure you rinse it off thoroughly with a lot of cool or tepid water within 20 minutes
updated by @kath: 01/13/15 08:26:01PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
15 years ago
29,640 posts
well black tea can be used to darken dreads and cover greybut i dont know if green teas good for much

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Kath
@kath
15 years ago
73 posts
im going grey - so just normal black tea you reckon? soaringeagle said:
well black tea can be used to darken dreads and cover grey
but i dont know if green teas good for much
Didjeridurian
@didjeridurian
15 years ago
292 posts
Hey Kath do you think this would work as a sun tea? I don't need to go into why I don't make hot tea, but I think I will try this recipe as a sun tea and see how it goes.Thanks Kath
Mr Nice
@mr-nice
13 years ago
14 posts

Hi,

I'm thinking about making up one mixture of rosemary and thyme tea. Can I mix these two herbs (1/4 cup of each) and achieve a successful dandruff solution.

Also, I'm unclear as to whether I...

(a) leave the tea in my hair, and do not rinse until next wash,

(b) rinse out the next day, or

(c) rInse out within 20-30mins of applying it to my hair

Also, should I be soaking (pouring over) my head in the tea, or spraying it onto the dreads, for best results?

Thanks =)

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

u asked same question 2 places so..

if u do teas rosmary for dandruff thyme for oiliness

and u can leave it on

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Dislike 0

Tags