Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

1 week dreads :)

billy bob
@billy-bob
14 years ago
2 posts
Hello. I used the backcombing method. So far all but 2 out of the 41 dreads came undone. I don't use any products besides the rubber bands. What do you guys think?
updated by @billy-bob: 01/13/15 08:44:33PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,639 posts
backcombing tends to fall apartits normal twist and rip works way betterand u do not want products so your good therewhats the white or is that from the flash?ids your hair oily at all?

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
JahWillProvide
@jahwillprovide
14 years ago
95 posts
there looking good broid advise u to take the rubberbands out thoi used em the first time i dreaded and there a pain in the assgotta keep puttin em back in they usually fall out anywayand most of the baby dreadies will come undone and tighten up in time so get used to it and plz! take them rubberbands out!@
Shuk Coot
@shuk-coot
14 years ago
17 posts
just twist and rip the ones that came undone, as long as you didnt start with wax, youre dreads will have a smooth journey. just remember to let it be, let it do its own thing and keep it clean, just guide it a bit and thats about it. care with love it'll mature lovingly.
pixie
@pixie
14 years ago
144 posts
Looks good. I'm impressed that they have laid down quite nicely. Most backcombed dreads I see are sticking up all over the place.But yeah, take the rubber bands out you don't need em.I have extremely curly hair. I think our curly hair naturally dreads easier since it tangles so fast.
GoldenEagle
@goldeneagle
14 years ago
393 posts
Considering how curly your hair is naturally. Rubber bands really won't help. If you must keep your sections together use beads instead.In the end after you have some matted knotting the sections stay together without needing anything to hold them together.
JahWillProvide
@jahwillprovide
14 years ago
95 posts
while they keep some sections intact they dont allow the free movement dreads need to lock up! Pierre Gussman said:
Here is a reference photo as to how curly my hair was. And are rubber bands that harmful? I feel as though they hold the section together as the root dreads. I could be totally wrong though :)

RootsRasta
@rootsrasta
14 years ago
64 posts
no dudethe rubber bands are no problem, they work really really well at keeping dreads seperate and from the tips unlockingjust don forgot they are they and make sure when the time comes around 2months, that u make sure that they are removed! :)
❂•Paula•❂
@opaulao
14 years ago
751 posts
Your hair probably didn't even need backcombing to dread. Now that you've done it though, all there is to do is wait for them to mature :)Take out the rubber bands. I had some in at the roots when I started and when I took them out I found that I had a lot more straight hair being held straight by the bands. Also they will rot eventually and get stuck in the dreads. If you must have them, by 1 week(so now :P) you should take em out. They do slow movement at the roots and tipsIt doesn't matter if they unravel because they'll dread anyways. Use a spray bottle with water and 1tbsp of sea salt as a locking accelerator. If you can get a wool sweater to put on your pillow or a loose wool hat to wear while you sleep.
meg ☮
@meg
14 years ago
92 posts
Scroll down to the rubberbands section and you'll see why they shouldn't be left in your hair. Good that you took them out! http://www.dreadlocktruth.com/FAQ.htm
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form