Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Is it still there?

Sunny Days
@sunny-days
15 years ago
11 posts
so i first used wax when i got my dreads. i used the backcomb twist method and then put a little wax on each dread. its been about a month and a week, and i shower every third day. i havnt done any deep cleaning or anything, just been using anti-residue shampoo and gently rubbing throughout dreads. is the wax still in my dreads? the dreads have gotten any fatter so im assuming the wax is still in there. also are they any tips or anything for those who made the same mistake i did, by using wax? like did it every come out with normal washings? and once the wax was out what were some results?
updated by @sunny-days: 02/14/15 02:14:16AM
does it matter
@does-it-matter
15 years ago
31 posts
oh shit...ummm use really really hot water and put your head under it and let it just beat the living snot outta that wax, thats what id try, squishing them gently to encourage the wax to come out! otherwise ask se, i think something like apple vinnegar and some shit will help get it out, just ask around, or he himself, (se) will prolly just stop by and give you the recipe, on this topic..goodluck!
tha tron
@tha-tron
15 years ago
147 posts
it's all horror stories and propaganda very little proof don't worry about it so much dog. Jess Gergely said:
oh man. i hate when wax is brought up because everyone seems to have some type of mean thing to say about it, & if not that, then something to scare you, like it's going to ruin your dreads. i used wax, & i've been continuously washing the same way every week or two. i haven't done any deep cleansing, & i don't plan on, seeing as how my dreads are perfectly fine after 7, almost 8 months! i used it 4-5 times in the first few months, but stopped because i hated the way it felt. my dreads are doing perfectly fine right now the way i've been keeping up with them.

if something DOES happen to my hair that is wax related, THEN i'll inform everyone, but at the moment, i'm really NOT worried at alllllll. my dreads are perfect.
Sunny Days
@sunny-days
15 years ago
11 posts
word. ya i am not hating on wax its just i dont like it in my hair. i hated it when people would want to touch it and just say eww when they did. but right know i just want my dreads to fatten up and i think that the wax from the first time i used it is still keeping it together. well i guess i will just go on with my everyday activities and normal washings and sooner or later the dreads will fatten up. thanks for the posts. peace
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
15 years ago
29,640 posts
i posted a whole thread on wax why u dont want it and how to remove itjess no offence but the arttitude "i'll worry about it when it becomes a problem" will result in dreads in a bagonce its a noticibl;e problem is afterr u got so sick of em u cut emdo research theres thousands who had problems with wax and nearly none lasted past 3-4 yearswhen theres tons of evidence that it almost always caused problems resulting in starting theyre dreads over then u should be worried enough to try gettinbg it all out as early as possible

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
15 years ago
29,640 posts
i thought i just replied to this (edit i did it just wasnt showing up sorry for double post)i made a thread in maintenance i think on wax why u dont want it and how to remove itits not at all easy to removejess no offence but the "i'll worry about it wnen theres a problem" attitude will end up getting u in trouble by the time that its odvios thereas a problem the only solution will be to cutthere are thousands of cases of wax causing problems if you look aroundany dread forum you go to will have manyoften they will say its due to overwaxing (if the sites geberaly pro wax)but the fact that you hardly ever see dreads started with wax last beyond 3-4 years should be plenty enough evidencegetting ot out agressivly early is nesacary to the survivability of your dreads

--
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
15 years ago
29,640 posts
and under 5 years old im bettingdreads should be the size of the rootsthe reason theyre thinner lower is either because of the wax or the rollingnormaly dreads sizes are determined pretty much exactly by the size of the root areaeven in thinning hair (just means they grow in length slower )ofcourse you can have some that were congoed so have multiple thinner ends but if its a single dread typicaly itws roughly the same thickness rooy to tip (unless theres flsat spots thicker on 1 side then another)

--
shaun saunders
@shaun-saunders
15 years ago
64 posts
true man wax aint all bad just dont use a shit load and you want get bad results tha tron said:
it's all horror stories and propaganda very little proof don't worry about it so much dog.

Jess Gergely said:
oh man. i hate when wax is brought up because everyone seems to have some type of mean thing to say about it, & if not that, then something to scare you, like it's going to ruin your dreads. i used wax, & i've been continuously washing the same way every week or two. i haven't done any deep cleansing, & i don't plan on, seeing as how my dreads are perfectly fine after 7, almost 8 months! i used it 4-5 times in the first few months, but stopped because i hated the way it felt. my dreads are doing perfectly fine right now the way i've been keeping up with them.

if something DOES happen to my hair that is wax related, THEN i'll inform everyone, but at the moment, i'm really NOT worried at alllllll. my dreads are perfect.
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
15 years ago
29,640 posts
how deep did u look on google? 1 page? 2?bet ya never got even close to gettinmg past the 10,0000 pages all pointing to dreadhead/kboylook on dread forums the most reputable being that 1 in taiwan i think knottylocks.tw or some4thing and hipforums dread forum theres 1 or 2 others butthe reason i dont like thewm is they get very unfreindly at timesbelieve me i have personaly seen many manmy disasters3/4 of the people on these sites are on theyre second set, 1st sets lasting a year..maybe 3.. and the number 1 reason they started over..waxive seen 2 year dreads combed out just to start over wax freeive seen wax used twice and still be found in dreads cut off almost 3 years lateri dont just make shot up to bug u for havoing a different opinion its all stuff ive seen over years helping ppl with dreads and its all mistakes i dont like seeing anyone makelookwe have 3 dreadies here with dreads over 15 yearsask all of em if any used wax i guarantee none didwe have maybe 10 or more with dreads over 10 yearsi guarantee not 1 of them used wax eitherofcourdse we got many under 3 years who didive only seen 1 in all my years that lasted 7 years and went on using wax..well heard about nort seen and i doubt id wanna see thatjess ya say youd not ise it again u didnt like the way it made u brealk, oit and all.. so if u didnt like it..why are you so resistent to the idea of removing it especialy knowing it giives ya a far better chance at having dreads that last?i dont understand that thinking at all..oh wait..aerick used wax so you gotyta too? is that it?i dont mean to sound bitchy either..but thats what it seems like..aerick can never make a mistake?i noticed he sure dont post his infaluable wisdom here muchif his methods are the most perfect methods why hasnt he shared them? or is it cayse he coppied em word for word from dreadhewadhq pushed theyre products like a good boy and regurgitated the same ol lies?im not saying it was intentional misleading just he followed the leader like youir doing ignoring logical wisdom choosing a temporary look over a permenant life choiceif u look on those sites they promice you mature looking dreads in weeks..and they sorta acheive it..but looks are deceiving theyre all gooped up together and take much longer to mature oftenm being cut long before they ever get close http://www.hipforums.com/newforums/showthread.php?t=374729&f=209 http://www.hipforums.com/newforums/showthread.php?t=189333&f=209 cant be bothered to look deeper those are only on 1st 2 pages but theres thousands of cases omn there of dreads cut from wax

--
Iain
@iain
15 years ago
844 posts
>.<<br /> I believe the reason for being resistant to the idea is simple: not everyone can bring themselves to utilizing the natural method for obtaining dreadlocks,an attacking aericks lack of post count and relation to Jess is uncalled for, just because someone is not posting doesn't automatically call for that,and you're right, most people do cut their dreads off after buying the overpriced BS off the 2 most popular dread sites, most of them don't really know what they are getting into without enough conviction to really stand their dreads for the first few months,that being said, people just don't like hearing that they made a god-awfull ireversible mistake by choosing to use a wax that can never ever ever be purged from their hair, the stuff from what I've personally seen in people, is that with time it does go out, whether you boil it, shampoo the heck out of it, or just go to the beach enough, it will be gone from your hair in time, and as time passes on your dreads will look normal in timenow before I sound biased, i still don't like wax either, I just believe it has a place for some people, be it for their new dreads,, or to make a candle on a dark rainy night,,I hope this doesn't lead to BS and this thread should probly be left alone
 / 2

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form