Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Round & round.

Cello.
@cello
15 years ago
14 posts
So I really want my dreads really round looking. But as of right now they are on the flat side. I'm doing it the natural way and I don't know how to help them from going flat. Is time the only thing that will help, or are there some super secret methods you can tell me?Haha, thanks, Happy Dreading.
updated by @cello: 02/14/15 05:29:23AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
15 years ago
29,640 posts
going natural they flatten on 1 sice then flatten on another which rounds em out most of the timeif you insist on roundness you can palm roll i recomend the minumum possible but in general its a waste of time as all the palm rolling in the world wont round a dread thats used to being slept on on 1 side onlywhen your dreads get more matutre chances are you will find the greatest satisfacytion in the 1's u originaly thought of as problems..like the beavertail ir flattened spiral..the ones with the most personality

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Kath
@kath
15 years ago
73 posts
if you want to palmroll, to help the shape - then give it a go after you wash your dreads when they are still a bit damp. then just let them dry thoroughly as usual.
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
15 years ago
29,640 posts
well that is generaly recommended because rolling damp does the most good..buthairs more vulnerable to dammage when damp tooincreased effectiveness means increased dammagein the end it comes down to whats more important perfectness or strength/durability

--
Kath
@kath
15 years ago
73 posts
Very True. But so many of us still bleach our hair when we know it isnt good, still we continue to do it. Humans (myself included) are silly creatures that noone could understand. we do it with everything in our lives - even our planet. soaringeagle said:
well that is generaly recommended because rolling damp does the most good..but

hairs more vulnerable to dammage when damp too
increased effectiveness means increased dammage

in the end it comes down to whats more important perfectness or strength/durability
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
15 years ago
29,640 posts
i remember 1 guy on another forum wore alotta metal nuts in his..1 fell out riding his harley and shattered a windsheildoff topic srrybut yea i had alot in mine long ago..but as they fell out i found i liked a softer less bumpy pillow Jelly said:
I have even seen flat ones with the most beautiful embroidery in them. But to round them I just use beads. Currently, I have a wing nut with a fairly large diameter I use. In past sets of dreads (the first two - 3 years each also) I have used many beads, but this time I went lighter and less lumpy. I remember being booked into jail one time and removing beads and stitches from my hair for so long it got to be funny to me and the deputies booking me in. Even funnier, I found two more after they got me into the cell! LOL

J

soaringeagle said:
going natural they flatten on 1 sice then flatten on another which rounds em out most of the time
if you insist on roundness you can palm roll i recomend the minumum possible but in general its a waste of time as all the palm rolling in the world wont round a dread thats used to being slept on on 1 side only

when your dreads get more matutre chances are you will find the greatest satisfacytion in the 1's u originaly thought of as problems..like the beavertail ir flattened spiral..the ones with the most personality

--
Cello.
@cello
15 years ago
14 posts
Haha, well I think I'll palmroll a couple for a bit and see if I like the difference. Thanks a lot.
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
15 years ago
29,640 posts
i was gonna recomend this to jess but i'll recomend it to you since ya probly are more experimental anywaytake 2 dreads underneath kinda putta site and mark em 1 with a few wraps of red string 1 with greenonly roll the 1 week after week after week.. and see if u even notice a diferencealotta ppl say that palm rolling is totaly useless and does nothing good (same with root rubbing) and only do dammageim not sure thats true really without experimentationbut id think it would be interesting to take 2 side by side of nearly same thickness and subject 1 to alotta rolling and 1 to none and document thee differences over say 3 months(weekly updates)would u wanna try?

--
Cello.
@cello
15 years ago
14 posts
Haha, yeahh I'll try it out. I might forgte to palm roll that certain one though, but I'll do my best. soaringeagle said:
i was gonna recomend this to jess but i'll recomend it to you since ya probly are more experimental anyway

take 2 dreads underneath kinda putta site and mark em 1 with a few wraps of red string 1 with green
only roll the 1 week after week after week.. and see if u even notice a diference
alotta ppl say that palm rolling is totaly useless and does nothing good (same with root rubbing) and only do dammage
im not sure thats true really without experimentation
but id think it would be interesting to take 2 side by side of nearly same thickness and subject 1 to alotta rolling and 1 to none and document thee differences over say 3 months
(weekly updates)

would u wanna try?
Spider Feet
@spider-feet
15 years ago
458 posts
Think I may try something like that, I have one that is ultra lumpy and now that they are starting to get long enough to palm roll think I will test it on that one. Granted I have personally seen people that have broken dreads off while palm rolling and as is I am pretty skeptical about it doing much of anything. So I doubt I will be doing it much, maybe once or twice a week. About as often as I think Jess mentioned she does since I think she has a pretty healthy view on maintenance. soaringeagle said:
i was gonna recomend this to jess but i'll recomend it to you since ya probly are more experimental anyway

take 2 dreads underneath kinda putta site and mark em 1 with a few wraps of red string 1 with green
only roll the 1 week after week after week.. and see if u even notice a diference
alotta ppl say that palm rolling is totaly useless and does nothing good (same with root rubbing) and only do dammage
im not sure thats true really without experimentation
but id think it would be interesting to take 2 side by side of nearly same thickness and subject 1 to alotta rolling and 1 to none and document thee differences over say 3 months
(weekly updates)

would u wanna try?
 / 2

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form