Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

low maintainace vs high maintanance dreads

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
15 years ago
29,640 posts
personaly my maintanace is only washing themhavent even ripped to prevent congos in over a yearbefore that, i would seperate em sometimes, maybe 5-10 a week at random so maybe get em all seperated every few monthsnever root rubbed (whats the point?) or palm rolled (love my uniquely imperfect dreads!) tip rubbed crochetted or anything elsei hear others who preffer to palm roll rub crochette and do all kinds of extra work many hours a day to acheive a "perfect" look thats unatainable they tend to become very frustrated with every bump or loose hairthen methods like crochetting cause problems that increase the ammopunt of maintanace needed for life..which do you preffer the rub away you day trying to be perfect..or enjoy your day fully and not care how your dreads progress on theyre own?i dont know about you, but i find the greattes satisfaction in the so cxalled deffects.. the lumps the flat spots the crazy features that make each dread like no other..what are your thoughts?what do you do to maintain yours?how much time do you spend doing it?and what are your reasons behind it?please, some must present a proffessional image, so respect that they may feel the need to have neeter dreadsdont critisize others methods..but feel free to offer safer solutions

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1

updated by @soaring-eagle: 01/13/15 08:24:32PM
katie
@katie
15 years ago
4 posts
i use a tapestry needle to sew in loose hairs. i use a crochet hook very sparingly. i don't do it very often to my hair, but i do dread work on others who seek my services. when done properly, dread maintenance can still look natural and not overworked.
Matthew Breen
@matthew-breen
15 years ago
17 posts
i do both i am lazy so i like to let the d o there own thing yet at the same time i wan to keep them how they are. i dont eant them goign togethere and stuff liek that so my mom crochetes them every once in a while because she wants me to at least look a little decent because i am still in school and still have "people to impress" ugh i tell her quit being a conformist lol and she says im not conforming i just want you to look nicer. ah but its ok with me. they are working and thats what matters.
MountainWillow
@mountainwillow
15 years ago
141 posts
Im in the childbirth field and hoping to get my RN and be a midwife. I started my dreads the neglect method, then went into T&R and from there decided that I needed to seek out a loctition locally to get em looking a bit more tidy for professional purposes, so as to be more respected in the hospitals around here. Although yesturday I went in to visit a patient and I swear I didnt get such cozy vibes from that nurse, course I havent worked with her before- so maybe ill have to earn her respect more than others.Anywho back to the question ... sorry guys for straying..Um.. I was palmrolling 2 times a week and dropped it to once a week, and now its been like a week and half almost 2 weeks I believe since I last palmrolled. Put it this way- I dont remember the last time haha! I tame em with Aloe if needed, ya know try to manipulate the fuzzies and strays to cooperate, but in the end they just bark at me and tell me they will do their own thing.. So im learning to love that part of them, and ya know- we get along just fine now. I love how they are doing their own thing. But from time to time I still play with them and roll em around. But I dont obssess.. I palm roll when I think they need em, and I have a crochet hook to help grab the loose hairs if I really want to to. I rip em to keep the roots from matting together. I Wash them weekly. I prob do more maintenence than most- and ill admit to that.
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form