Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Tips for putting beads in hair?

olduser
@old-user
15 years ago
15 posts
So I only have a few dreads done because, hell, have you ever tried to twist n rip your own hair? with puny wet spaghetti arms? And my friends who started helping me got distracted with booze and pot. But anyway.The other day I was trying to put some beads in my hair. I have these incredibly gorgeous beads called "Miracle beads". I have 3 different sizes, all small, way too small to fit over dreads. So I was trying to put one on a bit of hair and dread that bit of hair into a normal sized dread but it just kept falling out, no matter how much I abused the hair into dreadmission.So I ended up doing little wraps with purple hemp (can't find my natural hemp) on 2 pathetic dreads in front. Despite them now looking like stupid little ponytails, I like the wraps. They've been there a couple days and they're staying so far.So I was thinking about stringing a one or two or three of these miracle beads on the purple hemp and just attaching that into my hair somewhere, and just let it hang out. Maybe do a wrap/macram combo. I've seen people put things in their hair/dreads like this but I was wondering about the long term effects of this (does it get tangled into hair/dreads in a bad way?) and any tips on doing it.ok, someone take my coffee away before I keep rambling.
updated by @old-user: 01/13/15 08:26:00PM
does it matter
@does-it-matter
15 years ago
31 posts
yes beads can and will get eaten with time, yes hanging things will get caught up more in yoru locks, but yes you are free to do whatever you like..i would not however wrap a new dread, or bundle of hair, hoping for it to lock up...it doens't give the hair freedom to move around and make its way into a dread...ya dig?
olduser
@old-user
15 years ago
15 posts
Hey there!I though that hair needed the movement to dread up but I also keep hearing that things like that and beads help for things to dread up. Man there's so much conflicting information out there! Luckily the couple wraps I did are real loose. Hmm... zachary john said:
yes beads can and will get eaten with time, yes hanging things will get caught up more in yoru locks, but yes you are free to do whatever you like..

i would not however wrap a new dread, or bundle of hair, hoping for it to lock up...it doens't give the hair freedom to move around and make its way into a dread...ya dig?
tha tron
@tha-tron
15 years ago
147 posts
yes there may be some adverse fx if it's stationary for too long. Id make a habit of trying to slide it up and down especially after you wash. The same way you would a peircing
Kath
@kath
15 years ago
73 posts
i did wraps early on in my journey and they were loose but they still managed to thin my dreads out considerably :( Now i am trying to get them beefed up a little bit again. i wont be doing any more wraps until they are at least 1 year old. Personal preference though - i just dont want them taking 10 steps backwards again.
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
15 years ago
29,640 posts
they will move somewhat within wraps and beads so will lock but the compression in wraps willresult in thin dreds thickened above where the wrap started

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form