Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Wax removal soap READY and TESTING!!!

Jennifer Rose
@jennifer-rose
14 years ago
59 posts
OMG guys I am so psyched, I did a test like raw sum's for the body splash. I had a jar of dreadwax someone donated to me - it's not KB or DHHQ but by "Elementz of Earth" - they sell on etsy/ebay and have their own knock-off line of products. I'll post a pic of the jar and the ingredients in a moment. Anyway it worked VERY similarly to raw sum's stuff, i put the blob of wax on a plate, added a squirt of shampoo and then rubbed it around and round for about 30 seconds. It broke down the wax into a liquid, which I then rinsed *clean* off the plate in the sink. This is *just* what I hoped it would do!!!My daughter and I will be making a video of it in a few moments to post on youtube and here... watch this space for the link. I also have a jar of DHHQ wax that someone kindly donated to test, I want to also try it with KB wax. and of course on test dreads. This is so great!!!Test bottles are $3 for a 2 oz bottle right now, prolly will have 4 oz bottles for $5 and full size 8 oz bottles for $10. We need more testers tho!!!! Here's the link to the shop: http://www.etsy.com/listing/54044872/all-natural-wax-removal-shampoo-for Jenn & Amy Lou
updated by @jennifer-rose: 01/13/15 08:44:09PM
Jennifer Rose
@jennifer-rose
14 years ago
59 posts
Ok here's the wax I used, and the ingredients in it are:Dread Wax Ingredients: Cocoa Butter, Vitamin E Oil, Soy Wax, Carnuba And/Or Candelilla Wax, Hemp Seed Oil, Coconut Oil, Extra Virgin Olive Oil
neil coe
@neil-coe
14 years ago
361 posts
oh sounds cool, i dont have no wax for i never used it..... but really interested cause it will save so many mislead brothers and sisters..... bring some to the meetup : ) i want to see it in person lol sounds amazing though.....
Raging Roots Amy
@raging-roots-amy
14 years ago
73 posts
We are SUPER psyched that our initial testing is looking so promising! Please let anyone you know wanting to remove the wax from their dreads our info! It's great to feel like we are doing our part to fight this dreadlock wax epidemic.
Jennifer Rose
@jennifer-rose
14 years ago
59 posts
Well ladies and gentlemen... *drum roll* here as promised is the video of the new wax remover. We are super psyched!!! Next on the agenda - try the test on the DHHQ wax that I just received in the mail :)
Jenn
❂•Paula•❂
@opaulao
14 years ago
751 posts
Oh sounds good!! But totally try to get some brand name dread wax to try it on. They have a base #1 ingredient bees wax I think so it might work differently
Jennifer Rose
@jennifer-rose
14 years ago
59 posts
I did get some dhhq wax today so I will be testing on that. Also on some human hair that i'll be backcombing as per the dhhq method then waxing. I wanna get KB as well, if I can without it costing an arm and a leg.Jenn
ZeeFighter
@zeefighter
14 years ago
153 posts
you should see if anyone has a jar that they hardly used and is still "good" Jennifer Rose said:
I did get some dhhq wax today so I will be testing on that. Also on some human hair that i'll be backcombing as per the dhhq method then waxing. I wanna get KB as well, if I can without it costing an arm and a leg.

Jenn
Jennifer Rose
@jennifer-rose
14 years ago
59 posts
Knottysleeves that would be greatly helpful! I'll message you privately so we can discuss details.Jenn Knottysleeves said:
Congrats, that's great news!

Jen and Amy, if you need any extra human hair for test dreads, I have a full package (unopened) that I bought to make extensions but never used. I'd be happy to donate it for your tests if needed. Just let me know!
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form