Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Extreme bumps

Allyssa
@allyssa
14 years ago
3 posts
so i started my dreads with the backcombing method as described by DHHQ, but now my dreads are bump-happy. is there any way of reducing the bumpiness?this is one of the worse dreads

updated by @allyssa: 02/14/15 06:38:27AM
SillyWalkingMinister
@sillywalkingminister
14 years ago
327 posts
did u use any of the products/tools described by DHHQ as well?Bumps and loops are signs that your dread are maturing and tightening...its not a "problem" hence no need for the "docta"... it will smooth out over time but smtyms i wish mine had stayed bumpy and loopy always...alas!oh btw welcomme :)
Allyssa
@allyssa
14 years ago
3 posts
i only used the soap and wax, but i stopped using the wax only last week. thanks for the advice! Tyler Durden said:
did u use any of the products/tools described by DHHQ as well?
Bumps and loops are signs that your dread are maturing and tightening...its not a "problem" hence no need for the "docta"... it will smooth out over time but smtyms i wish mine had stayed bumpy and loopy always...alas!
oh btw welcomme :)
SillyWalkingMinister
@sillywalkingminister
14 years ago
327 posts
whats wrong with that bump? infact its so sweet that i urge you to post that in our special "loops,bumps,kinks" thread.. bumps gives personality to your dreads and makes it unique...who wants boring ropey candlesticks???also, do vigorous wax removal as well cz i can see wax there....we just launched a body spray that *really* is effective agnst evil wax... and switch to baking soda/acv wash rinse cycle...sooner you go natural sooner your hair will respond with awsome growth and delightfulness that dreadlocks truly is...
DeafyJae
@deafyjae
14 years ago
19 posts
I have the EXACT same thing on several. Ain't it crazy? I love to feel em. I'm a dread-perv I guess lol
SillyWalkingMinister
@sillywalkingminister
14 years ago
327 posts
root rubbing...palm rolling..mmmmmmmmm ;) DeafyJae said:
I have the EXACT same thing on several. Ain't it crazy? I love to feel em. I'm a dread-perv I guess lol
Allyssa
@allyssa
14 years ago
3 posts
uuh that might be the wall actually...... Tyler Durden said:
whats wrong with that bump? infact its so sweet that i urge you to post that in our special "loops,bumps,kinks" thread.. bumps gives personality to your dreads and makes it unique...who wants boring ropey candlesticks???

also, do vigorous wax removal as well cz i can see wax there....we just launched a body spray that *really* is effective agnst evil wax... and switch to baking soda/acv wash rinse cycle...sooner you go natural sooner your hair will respond with awsome growth and delightfulness that dreadlocks truly is...
SillyWalkingMinister
@sillywalkingminister
14 years ago
327 posts
http://www.dreadlockssite.com/forum/topics/what-knotty-boy-dread-wax-has there are ppl here who used wax ONCE and found it at the core of their dreads 2-3years later...m not tryin to scare ya but merely tell you that wax is evil and it hinders the process GREATLY...leads of dreadrot and god knws wat else..might be the cause of tsunami as well..lolread wax removal threads and do some thorough cleaning...ull feel the difference...:D
❂•Paula•❂
@opaulao
14 years ago
751 posts
No worries it's totally normal. It means the dreads are tightening. I'm about 2 and a half months in and I don't have a single one that is bump/loop-less :)If you're really bothered by that big loop find a bead and put it over that part. That's what I've done to a few of my enormous loops and it at least hide them :P
Kellye
@kellye
14 years ago
91 posts
time will reduce them. learn to love the bumps they make your dreads yours!
 / 2

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form